Lowes, Home Depot, Menards

Pitstopped

I tried Menards, but their corporate policies forbid it or some such nonsense. Home Depot has their own soda machines and wasn't interested (again, corporate). I'd assume Lowes is similar in that regard. I believe a machine or two would do alright in these places, but getting into them is a real struggle- if you try, I wish you the best of luck!

If you use locators at all , first choice and rising star seem to have good luck getting into break rooms . My largest account is a corprate break room rising star gave me . I use reeses , mm and MI . Im about to place another corprate breakroom tomorrow ( if i ever get to sleep ) , given to me by first choice . Come to think of it, first choice sent me 3 locations today alone , all large corprate break rooms . Unfortunately i had to deny 2 of them for saftey , and time . Sorry , wasnt trying to turn this into a locator discussion :-)

I "gorillla located" lowes back when i was running doubles years ago,,just sat my doubles in hallway by bathrooms,,had about 70 stores for about 3 years until i sold the route with gum balls and candy. They covered about 4 states. I couldnt find a decision maker in house and there was 2 doubles already there in most stores with different charity stickers,no commission vendors in house..

they where so so locations and only did about 10-15 a month,,the break room was right beside hallway with bathrooms anyway..but i only serviced them about every 3 months..

ron

I believe Lowes and Depot now has corporate policies against bulk charity machines in their break rooms. Back "in the day", they were an easy "hit". But as the word got out, locators and vendors saturated them. Then the slammers and Gorilla's dumped their stuff in as well. Many break rooms would have 2 or 3 machines in them. The regional managers eventually put a stop to it. Some times a store manager will be sympathetic to your charity and allow it in. But eventually, an out-of-town higher-up executive-type will boot it.

I "gorillla located" lowes back when i was running doubles years ago,,just sat my doubles in hallway by bathrooms,,had about 70 stores for about 3 years until i sold the route with gum balls and candy. They covered about 4 states. I couldnt find a decision maker in house and there was 2 doubles already there in most stores with different charity stickers,no commission vendors in house..

ron

Hey Ron, what about K-Mart?

Another big target for the Gorilla's was K-Mart. I used to have machines in the Layaway departments (what a dinosaur concept!) or break rooms of K-Marts. FYI, all of my machines were "legit" and obtained by locators (lol). But as time went by, I noticed more and more single heads next to the racks. I remember one K-Mart that had 3 single head gumball machines right next to the rack! I said to myself, "looks like the word is out on K-Mart"! But eventually the new route owners had all the charity machines booted - including the layaway and break areas. But it was a moot point, since most K-Marts are now out of business here in central Florida. (And who the heck does layaway any more? (lol))

i could give a list of spots i gorilla located back in the day,,I had a short list of about 12 stops that every new town i went to got hit immediately ..everything from Lowes, Walmart, to vo tech schools... For the list please paypal $10 to blazing quarters@gmail.com !!!

I'm just joking but what a valuable list really!! I mean a in person locator could reap some easy cash dumping singles out in a area.. I never get why people use locators???

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

lol

Archived