What is this machine?

Precious Roy

This triple is abandoned at one of my locations. It has been sitting empty like this for several months. I was considering trying to contact the owner and make an offer on it. Wanted to find out if it was worth it first. I didn't see a brandname on it but it looks similar to one I've seen that I believe said "amerivend" or something like that.

post-4519-0-81308700-1343764120_thumb.jpg

I'd say it's a Routemaster, as it has a square stand, and no gumball wheel. The RoutePro's had gum wheels standard. Selectivend, Amerivend, Seaga and XYZ each made something comparable, and I think these are $200-$300 new, so I'd shoot him an offer for $50. and work my way up. I've picked these up for $50 used using this tactic. You can always work your price up.

I would not buy this machine.

1) It is plastic throughout

2) it has a weak coin mech, this coin mech will not eject dimes, pennies, slugs, and when someone puts one in, it will shut you down.

It will break easily if knocked over, too easily.

parts are hard to get

You can buy good commercial grade equipment for the same price, have more flexibility, and get more life out of the machine3)

I would not buy this machine.

1) It is plastic throughout

2) it has a weak coin mech, this coin mech will not eject dimes, pennies, slugs, and when someone puts one in, it will shut you down.

It will break easily if knocked over, too easily.

parts are hard to get

You can buy good commercial grade equipment for the same price, have more flexibility, and get more life out of the machine3)

As triples go these are pretty high up the chain, especially compared to the plastic triples that dominate the market. Considering the circumstances, I'd say this is a fine opportunity. What machines would you suggest for a comparable value?

I'm only curious, I figured Routemasters were pretty good units considering the used market today.

Archived