Bottle machine vs. Can machine

I am confused about what equipment to use in a new account. I have to put equipment in 2 medical buildings. Each building has about 200 employees(20 to 30 offices) plus up to 500 patients each day. The customer dont care if I use a bottle or a can machine. It seems I can buy a can machine for 500.00 and a bottle machine for $1500.00. I don't see why a bottle machine is better then a can machine because the profit margin is better selling cans vs. bottles and the can machines are much cheaper the the bottle machines. I am trying to expand my route to bottles but can't see the financial advantage. Can anyone help? Thanks.

well the bottle machine gives you more variety first off, with a big acct they may want bottle drinks

gatorade, energy drinks,etc.. also it gives you more flexible pricing. i would rather sell a 20oz water

for $1 than 16.9oz for 0.75c . when you move the equipment or go to sell it , bottle machines will

be worth more. remember its an asset to your company. and also remember its possible to vend

cans from a bottle machine.

Thanks for your answer, but is there anything wrong with gatorade cans?

Never seen a gatorade can.

If it was me, i do atleast 1 of each machine, with that many people working and patients your going to need atleast 2 machines unless you want to refill it everyday (maybe 2 a day) The good thing about the bottle machines is they can be set up to vend cans. where the can machines can't vend bottles.

Seems the pofit margin is better for cans though.

I will start with 1 soda machine for each building but your right they may need 2 machines per building. If thats the case I will get 2 can machines. Im sorry but I don't see the benefit of a bottle machine unless the customer wants a bottle. If the customer don't care then a can machine will be installed. Do you know why anyone would buy a can machine that is multiprice?

I would assume so they can add energy drinks like monster of redbull and can sell them at a higher price.

Since this is at a hospital your going to have a lot of health concience people, your not going to be able to vend bottles of water and gatorade/ powerade,

From what i have seen the profit margin from those drinks is astronomical. Either way it's up to you but i think in the long run the bottle machines (atleast 1 per building) are going to be a better choice.

I will start with 1 soda machine for each building but your right they may need 2 machines per building. If thats the case I will get 2 can machines. Im sorry but I don't see the benefit of a bottle machine unless the customer wants a bottle. If the customer don't care then a can machine will be installed. Do you know why anyone would buy a can machine that is multiprice?

i have never seen a multiprice can machine.maybe they exist? never seen one.

a can machine costs $200-500 used a bottle machine around $800-1k used

so you are saving only a few hundred dollars up front. meanwhile someone can

come in with a nicer equipment and possibly take that acct because they are offering

a better product selection. penny wise ,pound foolish IMO

Yes a supermarket near me has gatorade cans. I find if the customer likes you, plus you provide good service and someone comes in with better equipment and convince the customer to go with better equipment, then the customer will give you a chance to upgrade your equipment before they throw you out. Is a bottle machine nicer equipment then a can machine? I thought they can both be nice machines, one vends bottles the other vends cans. Am I missing something?

Sounds like you already made you mind up.

And the big difference between can and bottle machines is versitility. Bottles machines can vend both bottles and cans where can machines can do cans only.

I have some large accounts that have cans and they are fine with it. Nothing against bottles, but I don't want to pay more for a bottle machine and accept a lower profit on bottles vs. cans unless the customer wants the bottles. My only question now is a bottle machine a better looking machine then a can machine? I don't know the answer to that question.

Sounds like your mind is already made up.

If it was me I'd put in glassfronts with both bottles and cans. With this being a white collar environment things like juice, sports drinks and energy drink will do well. If you do the math you will find that you make more on a % basis with cans but with bottles your overall $$ profit will be higher. I make almost $1.00 profit on every juice and energy drink sold.

If you get enough volume then add a second machine for cans and make the glassfronts bottle only.

You are all right, it has to be some bottles in this account. I just found out there is 2000 people traffic per day. It is 2 joining medical buildings. Right now they have 5 soda machines and 4 snack machines. Glassfronts will be perfect but can't afford this account right now. I will buy 4 snack accounts and then do a 3rd party for 5 glassfronts or nice machines with pepsi and 7 up. This is exciting because there are another 20 to 30 buildings in the complex. The 2 buildings I am servicing are A class. Thanks you everyone for your responses!

They now have a DN276 next to a DN501e. I have a few DN276s in the warehouse that I can use. Can I put a DN276 next to a glassfront? or should I put the DN276 next to a DN501e?

why do they have the 276? increase capacity? increased selection?

a glassfront has much bigger selection possibility than a 501

Archived