snack pricing

I know there are probably many posts talking about what snacks are selling for in vending machines. I have not been able to find any posts stating what products are selling for. If you can tell me what price you are selling candy, chips and chocolate, I would appreciate it.

figure your prices by your cost of goods. that is to say, on the average you want to about double your money (assuming the stop

has no commission) so the cost of the goods should be around 50% of the price. sometimes this is less (chocolate bars f.ex) sometimes

it is more if the item has a high percieved value but a low price (microwave popcorn, or instant noodles f.ex)

Thanks, that is good advice. I am hearing that convenience stores are selling candy and chocolate between 1.29-1.49. Why the heck are we only selling for .75 to $1.00? I think we should give ourselves more credit for the hard work and sell products for the going rate so we can make a better profit. I may be raising prices soon on snacks after hearing this info. Convenience stores are also selling cans for $1.00-$1.05. I already have 25% of my accounts selling soda at $1.00 and have been no complaints. I know there are some big employee based accounts that wont go for that $1.00 price but there are many accounts that don't care and realize that its expensive to run a vending business with gas, employee ect....

Thanks, that is good advice. I am hearing that convenience stores are selling candy and chocolate between 1.29-1.49. Why the heck are we only selling for .75 to $1.00? I think we should give ourselves more credit for the hard work and sell products for the going rate so we can make a better profit. I may be raising prices soon on snacks after hearing this info. Convenience stores are also selling cans for $1.00-$1.05. I already have 25% of my accounts selling soda at $1.00 and have been no complaints. I know there are some big employee based accounts that wont go for that $1.00 price but there are many accounts that don't care and realize that its expensive to run a vending business with gas, employee ect....

the reason is vending machines can be moved , if i go to an acct the first thing i do is look at their pricing

if they have cans at $1 and the commission is not outrageous i am going to offer them cheaper prices

its a poor way to do business but if i dont do it someone else will. welcome to vending

Basic non commission pricing:

Candy $1.00

Pastries $1.00

Chips 1 oz .60

Chips LSS .85

Crackers .60

Cookies, Chex Mix .80

Can Soda .65

20 oz soda 1.35

Juice 15.2 oz 1.65

Sports Drinks 1.35

Monster/Rock Star 2.25

thats about right for me give or take 10 cents on any particular item , i am moving all my can prices to 0.75

the only place i do LSS is a hotel so i have it at a buck

In California the pricing on cans averages .75, now moving up to .85 recently. Bottles 1.35 moving up to 1.50.... Small chips .65 big grab 1.00...actually the rest pretty much line right up with Mission.

Royal you run the risk of losing some of those locations you have at 1.00 but we have had this conversation before and you don't seem to be complaining about losing spots because of pricing. So more power to you.

Convenience stores have always been able to have higher pricing. One of the questions I am constantly asked by business owners is "will you be cheaper then the local convenient store"...they feel the stores have such high overhead with the building costs they need to charge more for products.

So there is the expectation that items in vending machines will be cheaper....just sayin'

Dogcow why if the machines can move that the products should sell at a lower price? if my customer is getting a commission then he will not want to lower the price. Thanks for the pricing info mission.

not every acct cares only about the commission, in a lot of cases the commission doesn't really

add up to much money especially in the midsize accts. thats why i always ask how much are u making (cash)

not what are you getting in a percentage basis. something where employees are most of the traffic

if u have cans at $1 they prob get a lot of complaints about that, in a lot of cases the DM uses the vending machine

so i will offer a lower price on their favorite snack, i got one acct by offering a good price on reese peanut butter because

a lot of employees liked them and it wasnt being stocked enough.

Archived