Inventory in your van or truck

What are the ways you handle the inventory in your van or truck. Are you loading what you only need for that day or you are always driving around with extra inventory in your truck? Just tring to get the shooping, warehouse and van organized. Thanks

We would load our trucks from our warehouse for the day. If they needed items we had run out of or didn't carry in the warehouse they would stop at Sams to pick up those items. At the end of the day the driver would inventory the truck and turn in the report. So items that did not sell during the day were left on the trucks at night (unless it was choc. and we put that in the air conditioning at night).

For our drivers that did our week long Monday to Friday route (they left and did 5 days of accounts away from our area), they restocked on the road from different Sam's along their route and then returned on Friday with all of the pick ups and paperwork. Our trucks were box trucks with lift gates. Some vans for service work.

What are the ways you handle the inventory in your van or truck. Are you loading what you only need for that day or you are always driving around with extra inventory in your truck? Just tring to get the shooping, warehouse and van organized. Thanks

Usually load snacks for 2-3 days, can and bottle soda I load every other day. One day cans and the next bottles, make sure you rotate inventory in the truck when you are reloading.

• 1 month later...

To save time shopping and stocking we load our step van with everything it needs for the week (except for the Hostess cake which gets delivered twice a week).

I make Sams Club runs on Sundays and I get sodas from whoever has them cheapest....Generally NOT Sams Club (also once a week).

In the hot months, we try to park the truck in the shade and open the windows and vents to keep temps down...We have a cooler for temp sensitive items (I use a 2 1/2 gallon gas can as my block of ice and it keeps things cool for 2 to 3 days in the heat of the summer).

Andrew

Archived