New Locator Attempt

allstar2200

Hey everyone, just wanted to share some feedback and wonder if anyone has had a similar experience.....I have been using kickstart and have so far had 3 out of 6 locations ordered turned down upon delivery becuase either the business owner/manager was under the impression it was just a small countertop brochure or told kickstart they did not want the machine but still kickstart had sent the location over.

Anyway....I emailed all the others for placement (eddie bauer, locators r us, and a couple others) and this is the response from eddie bauer.....Are they even located in America with this type of response???

"is it bulk or fullsize? bulk is 150 for 5 with one free and two replacement

for poor peerfmers. Full size is 300. bot are upfront paymnets and we ask for weekto place you bulk and uo to 3 weeks to place your sodamd yuou get full right of firts right of in regard to the locati. Hit reply all wqhenn comimaing with Fraco and I

Thanksa for shot of your bussiness

EddieBauerJr"

My Re:

"As of right now I just need 1 bulk triple head to be located, I have more on order to come in with in the next few weeks. What would just one cost? I participate with the NCCS for charity vending"

His Reply: "just use whay you need for now then as you get machines get the other out and take advantage of the discout....that's what I would do.AND look on craiglist for deals too. Lots of mahimeson CL"

Has anybody used him before and got this type of unprofessionalism with grammar in an email? Considering not using his service with all the spelling errors and response saying my initial order is pretty much pointless to him...

Thanks!

I'm sorry you've had a poor experience with these two. KickStart seems to have rather abandoned their business for some reason. Consistency and quality have been terrible for many operators. Eddie Bauer seems to rank on a similar level. Check out the Kandy King's Locator showdown to see where locating companies stand in real time HERE.

My personal favorite locators have been Locators R Us (LRU) as they gave me quality locations the very next day, and thus-far they have been the easiest placements of my vending career.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your insight! Sent Locators R Us an inquiry Wednesday for 1 machine and waiting to hear back (dont know if 1 machine means nothing to them) kickstart is still locating 4 more for me as of today. Its embarrassing walking into a location that gave the "ok" and then having to explain that you are sorry and were unaware they did not approve the placement or that there is no employee by the given contact name.

Thank you so much for your insight! Sent Locators R Us an inquiry Wednesday for 1 machine and waiting to hear back (dont know if 1 machine means nothing to them) kickstart is still locating 4 more for me as of today. Its embarrassing walking into a location that gave the "ok" and then having to explain that you are sorry and were unaware they did not approve the placement or that there is no employee by the given contact name.

I always call first when I use a locator. There's no reason to drive out to the place if they aren't going to let you place the machine.

Here is another reply from him this morning when I told him I wont be dealing with him:

"That fine auto correct messing up my email. You say you have one NOW with more on the way. We ffer 5 for

150 and you get on free. So you place your

One now and the other 5 when they come in.

Clear enough?

Sent from my iPhone"

Here is another reply from him this morning when I told him I wont be dealing with him:

"That fine auto correct messing up my email. You say you have one NOW with more on the way. We ffer 5 for

150 and you get on free. So you place your

One now and the other 5 when they come in.

Clear enough?

Sent from my iPhone"

:huh:

What on earth is he even saying? "Clear enough?"

I can hardly believe that's an official email. Wow.

It gets even better! I just got a message from my secretary stating that he called....I go that's odd I never gave the office number only my cell.....I checked into it and he called a number I have no idea how he got it - I never provided or gave it to him!

It gets even better! I just got a message from my secretary stating that he called....I go that's odd I never gave the office number only my cell.....I checked into it and he called a number I have no idea how he got it - I never provided or gave it to him!

Yikes! That's a little sketchy to say the LEAST! I suppose finding your number online wasn't "too" hard, but the fact he went looking rather than request your contact information is really bizarre. I'm assuming that's Eddie Bauer right?

I had a conversation with rising star a couple minutes ago....by far the nicest person so far...Angie....she had no problem soon just one machine and for $40 for a restaurant you can't go wrong! Will update once I get that location.

I had a conversation with rising star a couple minutes ago....by far the nicest person so far...Angie....she had no problem soon just one machine and for $40 for a restaurant you can't go wrong! Will update once I get that location.

Sounds good. I've heard mixed reviews from Rising Star, most complaints are about their speed, not quality. Hopefully your next placements are easier, and don't involve cryptic emails for you to decode!

Good luck!

Will let you know!

Sounds good. I've heard mixed reviews from Rising Star, most complaints are about their speed, not quality. Hopefully your next placements are easier, and don't involve cryptic emails for you to decode!

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your insight! Sent Locators R Us an inquiry Wednesday for 1 machine and waiting to hear back (dont know if 1 machine means nothing to them) .

Hello,

If your phone number ends with 1504. I tried calling you today, but I got your Business VM. Anyway, I will be calling all Customers tomorrow (Saturday) who placed an order this week to inform them that we can work on their location next week. You can email me the best number to reach you at support@locatorsrus.biz.

Thanks!

-Gale

eddie bauer is a little weird, and he took some money for me, for honor box locs a year or so ago, provided a few

locs that said no. then sent some cryptic email about someone having cancer and never got me any more locs

or returned my money. i would be cautious about dealing with him.

eddie bauer is a little weird, and he took some money for me, for honor box locs a year or so ago, provided a few

locs that said no. then sent some cryptic email about someone having cancer and never got me any more locs

or returned my money. i would be cautious about dealing with him.

I am not sure if he is using a 3rd party country for the emailing but after those emails, unfortunately I will be going elsewhere.

I have used 4 different ones this summer Locators R us 4-4 Mid size garage, Hair Salon, New car Dealer, and Dry cleaner. Not sure of any real winners but time will tell.

I used First choice placed an order for 2 and them 2 more when the 1st two were filled and payed for. All 4 corp break rooms 2 have no kind of candy machines 2 have a full size machine.

Kickstart had an auction for 1 location.1/1 Got a bar

will let every body know when I do my pull the end of the month on everything.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a full time In person Locator since 10 /89 and have impeccable references. I specialize in the placement of Honor Snack Boxes, charity lollipop Honor Boxes and bulk Vending Machines. I have worked with margaret at Sheridan Systems and her customers nationally since 1989. I have also served All vending Machine Locators as an Independent Contractor specializing in bulk vending locations for many years along with many other companies as well. I have a long list of many satisfied Vendors nationally and numerous rec9ognition letters from charities I have represented as well. I strive to do my best as a Locator as I am dedicated to service for this is my profession.

Locatorjoe here......the name is Gary and I live in Ohio and work with Bulk Vendors nationally in the placement of bulk candy vending and honor box placement. Last week I worked in Saginaw Michigan. This week I am in Columbus Ohio. I work with national Vending Location Companies like All vending Machine Locators and others along with a database of Vendors I have repors on a national basis across the country since 1989. I work on site and in person securing locations and placing bulk related equipment. I have each customer I work with accompany me to approve the locations I secure and to meet the decision makers as I secure locations and place the machines. I have a long list of satisfied Vendors I have served and continue to serve across the country.

• 4 weeks later...

I have used 4 different ones this summer Locators R us 4-4 Mid size garage, Hair Salon, New car Dealer, and Dry cleaner. Not sure of any real winners but time will tell.

I used First choice placed an order for 2 and them 2 more when the 1st two were filled and payed for. All 4 corp break rooms 2 have no kind of candy machines 2 have a full size machine.

Kickstart had an auction for 1 location.1/1 Got a bar

will let every body know when I do my pull the end of the month on everything.

How did it go with Locators R us?

My experience with Locators R us is as follows:

I got one location in a pool hall from them that was ok except for there being another bulk machine there and I suspect this operator of putting chewed up gum on my machine.

I then asked them to place a single head I had sitting around. They sent me a restuarant location but when I called the location they said they do not allow such machines in their establishment.

I've told Locators R Us about this more times then I can remember but they never respond.

Then I requested they place 2 more 3-selection-machines but no action. I think the one location refusing me put me on some kind of Locators R us "black list".

I guess will have to look to other locators.

Archived