Spirals

allstar2200

Hey vendors, just looking to machine do a couple spirals and am wondering if they perform better then triple heads with just gumballs in it. Compared to spoilage and other factors. I know it will vary for me but just wonder if they are worth it? Thanks!

spirals do well in a busy location or to extend a service cycle. A guy is western Iowa has a few in the town where I live from what I can tell he serveices them every 3-6 months and gives a 25% commission on them. Still puts his cogs at 9 cents.

Spirals are excellent moneymakers in the right location. I have one that makes about $25 every 45 days, give or take on both figures. However, spirals are much more difficult to locate than smaller setups.

It's all a tradeoff really, and the only "right" answer is how you want to run your business.

Good luck!

Mostly are restaurants the best for them? Any success with a locator finding a good place? Obviously you would need to do about 25% commission even with a locator...dont think charity would work for this one.

Most phone locators won't touch spirals, at least in my experience. Specialty locators might, but it will cost you.

Restaurants are great spots, as are any "high-traffic" spots. Laundromats, Pizza Places, malls, stores, etc. I have seen charity spirals, but they are few and far between.

There are varying sizes of spirals too- how big is yours?

Sounds good. If you have your product all set, I'd recommend trying to self locate it. Chinese places, Pizza Places, Grocery stores. Any location you see around your area that sparks your interest. Either go in with a charity approach, or offer them a percentage of your NET profits.

There are LOTS of great tips in the "Locator Discussions" section which can help you.

Archived