How do I contact the "Ogre" of Vending?

PerformaVending

Today I received a strange phone call from a local taco place. I had pitched them about a month or so ago, but they weren't interested, saying they were happy with their rack. The call was from the manager, and he said they were "getting rid of" the existing rack, and weren't going to replace it with anything. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy it. Well, curious as I was, I took the short drive there and the manager was still there. He explained the owner wants to put some sort of tables in the entryway, and that the machines needed to go, and If I would buy them. He had my card, so I guess that's how they found me. The rack is a Service 5-way with 2 Victor 77's and 3 Oak Panel heads. I told him the rack belonged to Service Vending (and pointed to their little label by their price stickers) and he acted like I was speaking gibberish. He kept coming back to "will you buy them or no?" and each time I tried to explain that they belonged to Service, and he should call them and have them remove the machines. He spoke great English, so I'm not sure what the barrier here was. Finally he gave me my card back and told me to have a good day, and wandered into the back.

The guy never mentioned a price to me, but he seems hellbent on selling Service' property, and as much as I resent Service Vending and their underhanded policies, no one should be able to sell their property. After going through my records here, I can't find their contact info, and I can't find a website for them either. Does anyone know Service Vending's contact info offhand?

My plan of action at this time is to call them and tell them exactly what I told you guys. I assume they're in the dark on this.

My big concern is that they'll come after me over this, or that the business will come after me for "ratting them out". I guess I'm not sure the best way to proceed with this.

Any and all advice is appreciated, thanks guys!

I think you're handling it the right way, really the only way left to you imo.

Well, the way I see it is this is what I'd want another vendor to do for me if some guy tried to sell my stuff.

I know I won't be around their machines before this weekend to get their info, and I'd like to let them know before too long.

Thanks for the support rdendy.

Post the name and address of the restaurant here. SV lurks here and they will see it. Other than that I wouldnt do anything else.

Really? I suppose I shouldn't have called them an "Ogre" then, though I found the name fitting.

I'd still like to call them about it, in case they aren't looking.

Moonlight Family Restaurant

2603 Post Road, Plover, Wisconsin

Today I received a strange phone call from a local taco place. I had pitched them about a month or so ago, but they weren't interested, saying they were happy with their rack. The call was from the manager, and he said they were "getting rid of" the existing rack, and weren't going to replace it with anything. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy it. Well, curious as I was, I took the short drive there and the manager was still there. He explained the owner wants to put some sort of tables in the entryway, and that the machines needed to go, and If I would buy them. He had my card, so I guess that's how they found me. The rack is a Service 5-way with 2 Victor 77's and 3 Oak Panel heads. I told him the rack belonged to Service Vending (and pointed to their little label by their price stickers) and he acted like I was speaking gibberish. He kept coming back to "will you buy them or no?" and each time I tried to explain that they belonged to Service, and he should call them and have them remove the machines. He spoke great English, so I'm not sure what the barrier here was. Finally he gave me my card back and told me to have a good day, and wandered into the back.

The guy never mentioned a price to me, but he seems hellbent on selling Service' property, and as much as I resent Service Vending and their underhanded policies, no one should be able to sell their property. After going through my records here, I can't find their contact info, and I can't find a website for them either. Does anyone know Service Vending's contact info offhand?

My plan of action at this time is to call them and tell them exactly what I told you guys. I assume they're in the dark on this.

My big concern is that they'll come after me over this, or that the business will come after me for "ratting them out". I guess I'm not sure the best way to proceed with this.

Any and all advice is appreciated, thanks guys!

You said he gave you your card back so unless they have another they can't come after you, and for what? reporting a theft in progress? If you have concerns about contacting SV, use another phone or use caller id block.

Can't think of a better way to handle this.

You said he gave you your card back so unless they have another they can't come after you, and for what? reporting a theft in progress? If you have concerns about contacting SV, use another phone or use caller id block.

Can't think of a better way to handle this.

Thanks Mission. I just wanted to make sure I have all of my bases covered.

Right now my problem is I don't have Service' contact information handy, and I won't be near one of their machines to write it down until this weekend.

Does anyone know Service Vending's phone number offhand?

I called Service, and got a disinterested man on the phone who said he'd "look into it."

I guess that's about all I can do.

To answer H&A's question, I don't know the restaurant's phone number, but the area code will be 715. The guy on the phone wanted their address, not their phone number though.

I called Service, and got a disinterested man on the phone who said he'd "look into it."

I guess that's about all I can do.

To answer H&A's question, I don't know the restaurant's phone number, but the area code will be 715. The guy on the phone wanted their address, not their phone number though.

Sound's like you got the "Ogre".

Archived