Expected ROI Timeframes

rdendy

I'm curious about what everyone expects, on average, to have your original investment on equipment to return. For instance the majority of my locations either were or are on track for 4 months.

I am building a route with almost all Northwestern 60's , almost all of them are .25 mechs. When I buy brand new and chrome stands about 6 - 7 months. When I find some used ones that are almost like new about 3 - 4 months.

I hope I am in this for the long haul. So, buying brand new with the yellow, purple and blue colors on a chrome stand are machines I am proud to show a store owner. I don't think I will mind the extra 3 or 4 months it takes to pay for them in 3 years from now.

The sooner the better of course, so far everything I have bought has been used. Best ROI so far for me has been 2 weeks but I am averaging about 2-4 months on bulk machines. Actually now that I think about it I did have a business owner give me my 3rd soda machine for free. I just had to agree to fill it and maintain it so that was my best ROI ever, it came about 60% full of product as well. I still have the location and machine.

So far it looks like 4-6 months for me. I am just starting out and haven't picked up a gravy location or two yet. I hope that improves. I do know I have a few check cashing places I am pulling the vendstar and putting in a Single GB or a double GB and Candy in two or three of my 6 spots just to see how they do. I will do that at the end of the month when I run the route again.

Archived