Lotto Vending Machines

marzvending

I don't think so but not real sure...I have never seen them owned by a private person. It seems that the only way to make money would be if the Lotto commission sold you the tickets at a discount then you sold them for the regular price. I am not sure how well a machine would do if you are selling $1 tickets for $1.50. I saw the same post on CL but had the same concerns I also think these would be difficult to locate. Let me know what you find out and decide to do.

The machines were probably bought from the state through a surplus auction- a lot of lottery machines are getting upgraded around here, so I assume the state is offloading them to the public. I'd assume for scrap or something? I'm not well versed on this, but I'd assume licensing wold be a real nightmare, as you have to go through the lottery commission to get your product. If there's a way for a private operator to make money at this, I've yet to see it I'm afraid.

i think the only thing they would be good for is to vend something else..

like say a post card,, a tourist type place like say Graceland in memphis or the same sort of place ,,if its the kind of machine that sells the scratch off tickets..

if its the pull tab machines then yes there is a market as some states don't have pull tabs and there are companies you can buy the stock from,,not sanctioned by lottery at all..

if its got a bill validator then that is value

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

They could be old Iowa Lottery machines. We had a short lived electronic Lottery machine in our state before it was banned. All of the lottery machines in our state, the pull tabs and scratch-off machines, are owned and operated by the Iowa Lottery. No private ownership.

In alabama there are sweepstakes machines that are kinda like a lottery but dipences a game ticket with a one min phone card I guess that's the way around the law

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

not in fl lol

would not take my chances with those

post-4710-0-88632900-1344569638_thumb.jpghe said something about the contractor was closed on so he ended up with the machines in line of payment?? the pic is what he sent me...

It looks like he already made off with the DBA(s), the only thing of "real" value here I'm afraid.

can anyone own a Lottery Vending Machine??

I'm sure the regulations vary from state to state.

I don't think so but not real sure...I have never seen them owned by a private person. It seems that the only way to make money would be if the Lotto commission sold you the tickets at a discount then you sold them for the regular price. I am not sure how well a machine would do if you are selling $1 tickets for $1.50. I saw the same post on CL but had the same concerns I also think these would be difficult to locate. Let me know what you find out and decide to do.

In TX, any authorized retailer can sell them, they get a nickel per transaction ( I think). Don't see how you can make any money doing it here in Texas unless you own the store that the machine is in.

Archived