Doing the right thing...

JLM Vending

My locator got me an American restaurant. It had my exact machine and product. I asked the Manager about that and she said that since I'm with a good cause shell kick out the other vendor who apparently owns a bowling alley. She found out that his machine displayed a charity label. But she said I can kick him out If I want since she knows I really support a charity. I was insulted actually and declined the offer. Pulling something like that would only put negative implications for my business in the future. What comes around goes around un ghe long run. I can do business but not in a nefarious manner. Otherwise no reason to be in business. Sure it's ok to tell a few fibs if it's for a good reason but not when it comes to hampering someone else's business

If they were eager to kick him then he wasn't doing something right. My biggest factor in not getting a location is "We like our current vendor but thank you", sounds like she is just looking for an excuse to get rid of a problem child with someone new, I would have rolled with it, I am in business, he who gives the better service and wants it more wins.

Nah. She didn't seem eager to kick him. She just did it in a non caring way. I tried to get a reason but there was none she could give me. She was naive and allowed me to take over because my machine is charitable yet she discovered his is too. So this would have played out well once he bad mouthed me. It's easy to think he did something wrong but I have been told by managers that they just want to rotate. I know how it feels to be mistreated for no justified reason. To me being virtuous us more important than getting the win. If I kick him out I might have it come back to me. I'm no longer going to be a charlatan.

Nah. She didn't seem eager to kick him. She just did it in a non caring way. I tried to get a reason but there was none she could give me. It's easy to think that but I have been told by managers that they just want to rotate. I know how it feels to be mistreated for no justified reason. To me being virtuous us more important than getting the win. If I kick him out I might have it come back to me. I'm no longer going to be a charlatan.

I say Kudo's to you. We all need to work with a little integrity. There are enough people out there without any. My hats of to you for showing yours.

That was my intent. To either do it right or not do it. I was turned off wuth her lackluster of loyalty for the other vendor.

Plus, if she'd do it to him what's to stop her from doing it to you? What comes around goes around.

Most of my locations have another vendor in them. I just put what he is not carrying in beside him. I have never tried to kick someone out, I just share the location with them and try to have a better looking, cleaner, well stocked machine with different products. This way the best vendor gets the quarter. Fair enough to me.

Is this wrong?

JLM, I think you did good to not get him kicked out. Karma is real.

Most of my locations have another vendor in them. I just put what he is not carrying in beside him. I have never tried to kick someone out, I just share the location with them and try to have a better looking, cleaner, well stocked machine with different products. This way the best vendor gets the quarter. FairA enough to me.

Is this wrong?

Nah. But it's preferred u offer something different. If a machine is put next to mine I'm just happy because we're all making money together! As long as its different stuff it's all good. As long as he doesnt mess with me I won't mess with him. The way I see it is you're not entitled to have it all. Getting a piece of the pie is still a privaledge

If I were you, I'd toss some bouncy balls in there and set up shop next to him. A location is a location. I hate to boot people, but this is a business. While I wouldn't boot someone under the pretenses you listed, I wouldn't pass up a potentially good spot.

Whatever you do JLM, good luck!

If I were to put a machine next to his it would be In front of the door. Literally in the way of the doorway. He had a triple as well. That's why she said she would just kick the other guy out since I'm a "charity" and then she read his label and was stunned that it represented the blind kid charity. So it was basically get out or kick him out. This reminded me of the other spot that was willing to rotate machines for the heck of it. I didn't want to repeat what someone did to me. I can put my machine somewhere else. there are many fishes in the sea.

Archived