getting started in Oklahoma

newheart53

Hi, I'm just getting into the bulk candy ,gum,toy business. I bought a rack of oak vending machines in colo. about a year ago. Had it setting around so have now decided to get it out in the market to make money. It's set up to vend 1 and2 inch capsuls also have a sticker machine in middle of others. What is a better product toys or candy?

Also have just purchased a candy king machine. Don't know anything about it except it's a three comp. older yellow in real good shape but has no info on parts, would like to make it a fifty cent vend. Any help would be great.

Welcome!

I was excited to hear your first machine purchase was Oak. Nice choice.

Then I became sad when I read about the candy king. :P

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't be to sad if you knew what I paid for it , but probably I'll be sad to if I can't find info on it.

My sadness will endure, unless someone paid you to take it.

Ok I admit I'm new so will except that I didn't get a super prize. I just hope it helps me get started, then I kick it out the door.

That's the spirit! All things considered, you've done better than most when just starting out. The Oaks are a winner.

To answer the question at hand, toys have been the way to go. Toys never go bad, have higher vend prices, and are far more versatile than candy in may regards.

The only truly worthless "Candy King" brand machine is the "Zipper Dual" as I've owned one, and it doesn't vend. If the machine vends, you are off to a good start. As to upgrading "Candy King" brand machines, it's VERY difficult, and for most the work and cost is better put towards new equipment.

If you need help, post it in the bulk section, and we'll do our best to help!

Welcome aboard!

Good luck on your future expansion. I started with 5 vendstars I know have 14. I also have 15 eagles and a few NW 60's I am working on more. Ebay Craigslist area good places to look. I always check at least a 2 hour circle around me to see what I can find interesting. Trust me there are those guys out there that has a garage full of stuff. My guy Phil sold his business and bought a bunch. I am now buying them from him for a great price. all NIB. Just work on keeping things moving. Any questions ask we are all willing to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived