How did everyone else get started?

ruff84

I been in the business for about 3 weeks now and i have been doing so much reading my head is starting to hurt. Contacted a few dealers about parts for my machine and so far 0 complaints about the service.

Vendors Exchange = Awesome customer service

Called the Vendo company and found that i have a vendo 511 and not a 480 and they were very helpful.

D & S supplies = Very fast shipping and good customer service.

Anyways i am anxious to buy a few more machines and branch out in other locations.

I been in the business for about 3 weeks now and i have been doing so much reading my head is starting to hurt. Contacted a few dealers about parts for my machine and so far 0 complaints about the service.

Vendors Exchange = Awesome customer service

Called the Vendo company and found that i have a vendo 511 and not a 480 and they were very helpful.

D & S supplies = Very fast shipping and good customer service.

Anyways i am anxious to buy a few more machines and branch out in other locations.

Congrats on starting your vending adventure. Vendors Exchange has always been good to me as well.

I got started by doing bulk candy. Tried out 5 candy machines and used a locator to get them located. Worked out ok. I just figured well I need to make more money though vending.

Then as always looking on Craigslist, figured why not try a drink machine. Was fascinated with the concept and so bought an old 80s dixie narrco 276. The mechanic shop where I had 1 of the candy machines was nice enough to let me put my old drink machine there and gave them commision. I really liked it and then started buying small full line locations. Loved every moment of it and still do.

Gekay Sales is the best for Coin mechs and DBAs

Machines I just mainly buy on Craigslist or through other vendors I know.

Started out with bulk candy by buying 50 1800 triple heads for $500, as I started finding places for them, I had more people asking for chip and cold drink machines. It only made sense for to get into the vending business. I been at the same job now for 30 years and I'm hoping to further my business to be able to move on from my present job!

20 bulk machines

7 ap snack machines

1 combo machine

3 cold drinks

Thanks to this board for teaching the little man like me!

bought my full line route & expanded due to the help of many posters here (rjt,mission, technivend,poplady and others)

built a honor box route which is now defunct from scratch

built an amusement game route from scratch.

so far i like the amusement game biz the best, im hoping to build it to a full time business and hire some family

members on as employees in the next few years.

I started with a route I bought off craigslist. So far I'm having fun with it and looking for more machines to expand. My main problem now is moving machines and finding locations.

Cajun: 50 triples for $500? How did you manage that?

Looking thru graigslist and found them!

They needed cleaning and some of them was used for parts, but it was a good deal I could not pass up! Also had to travel 90 miles one way to get them!

Dogcow your honor box business is done/finnished ? Really why ? ( sorry don't want hijack the thread.)

my old job was flexible so i worked 11am-8pm , new job is 9-6pm so i dont have time to service

it any more or expand it. if i lost my job or anything like that. i would def go back to honor boxes

love the business it is just not so easy part time.

Archived