toy taxi - no power to claw coil

dogcow

I have a toy taxi and everything works 100% except the claw, the gantry moves , the claw lowers and retracts but does not close. I put the game into set up mode and when i change the claw power dials, nothing shows on the built in meter. I am wondering if this is a power issue (broken wire,etc..) or an issue with the claw coil. I am not sure what the meter measures because I dont have a diagram. I mean to say, i am not sure if the meter would display a reading if the coil was bad. any advice greatly appreciated i need to get this thing out ASAP.

I have a toy taxi and everything works 100% except the claw, the gantry moves , the claw lowers and retracts but does not close. I put the game into set up mode and when i change the claw power dials, nothing shows on the built in meter. I am wondering if this is a power issue (broken wire,etc..) or an issue with the claw coil. I am not sure what the meter measures because I dont have a diagram. I mean to say, i am not sure if the meter would display a reading if the coil was bad. any advice greatly appreciated i need to get this thing out ASAP.

too weird! I am having the same exact problem, I first replaced the 5 amp fuse on the circuit board. the bottom one had blown, it worked once and then the claw went down and would not come back up. C2C said it was most likely the claw coil, they are shipping me one today.

I was experiencing the same exact thing as you dogcow.

too weird! I am having the same exact problem, I first replaced the 5 amp fuse on the circuit board. the bottom one had blown, it worked once and then the claw went down and would not come back up. C2C said it was most likely the claw coil, they are shipping me one today.

Is that thing still under warranty?

good point on the fuse. ill check that

yes its under warrantybut like the c2c rep said whats making it blow the fuse? he thinks its the claw coil, I will let you know.

You have had your fair share of issues with that one.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

sounds like power supply..if the 48v on power supply is bad the claw won't close and you won't get a reading..

get your voltmeter to check output for 48v at supply harness..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

that makes more sense than the claw coil, for will.vend ...it makes more sense that the ps would cause the fuse

to blow not the claw coil i am not sure how a coil could cause a blown fuse its just a solonoid unless theres some

problem with the wires?

sounds like power supply..if the 48v on power supply is bad the claw won't close and you won't get a reading..

get your voltmeter to check output  for 48v at supply harness..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

this makes more sense than the claw coil, Im gonna have them send the power supply too.sorry dogcow I didnt mean to take away from your thread.

get your voltmeter to check output for 48v at supply harness..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

output was 52.9v , fuse was blown....any thoughts?

is there an adjustment in the power supply or is that close enough?

ok well i replaced the fuse and it seems to be working tho i am a little worried not knowing what blew

the fuse i am thinking maybe there is a short or the claw coil is trying to draw too many amps

when the claw is at 0 or 100 its silent but in between it makes a high pitched noise

from inside the claw coil...could this be a problem?

does it have a solid state driver board?

if so check the solinoid driver on the board.

I used to be a tech for coin devices, when electronics act wierd it's usally a power problem.

find out what the coil driver is suppost to be feeding the coil.

yours sounds a little high.

Sounds like bad coil...Is there a lot of carbon buildup on rod inside claw?? I had one go bad before and it was like charcoal inside of claw??? don't know why but it was doing same thing you are describing...I just took claw,left cap hanging by string of course and took out coil etc.then cleaned the claw inside and out in the locations dish sink....put a new coil in and its working to this day..dont know if the charcoal caused the coil to go bad or if it was a symptom ..

52.9 is not that high but may be you can turn it down,,there is sometimes a knob on power supply..I don't have that many toy taxis but a lot of the wei ya power supplies have a knob..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

Archived