AP 320 refrigeration deck removal

caseline

I have an AP 320 frozen food machine that freezes up due to a non functioning evaporator fan. I have never worked on one of these before, and I'm a bit stuck as to how to remove the refrigeration deck in order to gain access to the evaporator fan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

remove the door bar (the bar that prevents the outer door from opening to far), remove the screen remove the driver bard assembly from the left wall.. Then remove the 2 screws that go through the pan of the compressor unit into the floor of the machine. Some units will have 2 additional screws located on the tabs on both the frpmt right and left hand corners. The unit should then pull right out the front of the machine. Most of the time they are stuck and you may need some additional leverage such as a ratchet strap. Hook one end on the pan and wrap the other around the screen opening. Whatever you do - Do not put your hands in the screen opening while pulling the unit forward as it can suddenly come forward with force and if your hands are there can result in badly cut fingers.

vendoctor,

Do not put your hands in the screen opening while pulling the unit forward as it can suddenly come forward with force and if your hands are there can result in badly cut fingers.

Sounds like you're speaking from experience.

John

Archived