Crane Voltage Settings

rxmark

Just bought a new Hot Stuff crane and was wondering what a good voltage setting would be. I run a 33% liscensed mix from A&A cost about 1.50 each. What is an ideal vr1 vr2 vr3 and bonus setting? I set up bonus at 10 with full voltage and vr1 about 30 vr2 about 40. Just looking for suggestions on what others are using for plush voltage readings. Price per play is .50 1 winner per 10 will give me about a 1.75 profit per plush giveaway. Is this ideal or is it even accurate since there probably is a win ration lower than 1 in 10?

keep your COG (costs of goods) at 20%... the lowest position of claw should have highest setting,,then lower voltage in middle and then lowest at top of play,this way it will drop it as it goes up,,you really want it to grab really hard at bottom so customer can see the crane "trying" to win..sounds like you are running small plush and that will affect your numbers and make them a lot lower as you can't get a realistic play action with the small plush unless you use really small claw..jumbo always makes more money as it looks like crane is trying to win.

I have a lot of smart toy chest models that have 3 settings ,,on bottom i have set at 35 and then down to 20 in middle and then about 9-10 at top..I set payout for $10 or 20 plays at 50cents... on the smart model it keeps giving the bonus voltage every time until the prize sensor picks up a winner,,its not a "shot in the dark" one time and back to normal like some other models so that is why my voltages are like they are.. I usually run about $2 average toy and get 10 bucks for it and that keeps customers happy and i make money..

bad thing is when you pay to much in beginning... I mean if you have crane and first day you put it out they empty it for a buck a toy...You might as well have shot yourself in the foot because when you re-adjust it they now know you can do that and they boycott it and tell every body your a crook..

Only way i can save face when that happens is change machine,,maybe to exact same model of machine but let location know that it was messed up and it had to be sent back for repairs..If they see you tampering with settings and playing it etc. they all start whining and complaining..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

My crane came with a large claw which should hold small and medium not jumbo. Is it hard to change claws?

My crane came with a large claw which should hold small and medium not jumbo. Is it hard to change claws?

drop the claw then turn off the game before it reels back in (you dont have to but makes it easier)

unscrew the 3 or 4 screws on the lid of the claw , pop it off, pull out the coil and replace the claw, put the coil back

in to the new claw and screw the lid on.

in some cranes the different size claw use different coils , in some they all use the same coil so check with the manufacturer

replacing the coil is not difficult but a little more involved as you will have to disconnect it from the connection on the crane head

Archived