Keeping products cool?

First I want to say, I try my best to only buy products while I'm servicing my route but even when Im servicing my route or doing extra shopping, I know products during the hot summer can still melt.

I am trying to find a way to keep my drinks and snacks cool during the summer time even though I know summers almost over. I have never used a cooler or anything in the past. I always just sat my products on the car seats of my Honda Civic. I dont leave my product in the car for too long but with as hot as it is, I feel like I still need to cool my candy bars and other stuff sensitive to heat.

I found this on ebay and looks like a great product to use. Their large 9 x 7 inches blue ice packs which you can get 4 for $30 with shipping. I figured I can put them in my storage tote or buy a cooler and place them in there. Maybe buy like 8 or 12 of these even, and surround the whole cooler with them. It might be pricy but maybe worth it in the long run. Heres the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Blue-9x7x1-12-Hour-Freezer-Ice-Packs-Blocks-Stays-Cooler-Than-Ice-4-/370629358150?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564b3b3246

Let me know what others are doing to keep their products cool. Especially candy bars.

Also I know your not supposed to keep plastic bottles in hot temperatures for long because they loose gas and loose taste, but how about for can sodas? What temperature do you guys think is the max one can leave can sodas in the heat? I leave them in my garage but it really doesnt get hotter then 85 degrees so I figured this is ok. Also how about chips?

The only risk of can soda is exploding don't leave in high heat over a day

I have a medium cooler for candy w 20oz water bottles frozen

Instead of ice pks but ice packs work fine too my way is jst cheaper

You can get similar Ice Packs at Walmart for less. Or, a 30+ pack of Nestle Pure Life bottled water is less than $5.00 if I remember correctly. That's 30 Ice Packs, and you can drink/sell the ones you don't need (though they're soft sided bottles, so they could pose a problem for "traditional" soda machines, depending on what you're using).

First I want to say, I try my best to only buy products while I'm servicing my route but even when Im servicing my route or doing extra shopping, I know products during the hot summer can still melt.

I am trying to find a way to keep my drinks and snacks cool during the summer time even though I know summers almost over. I have never used a cooler or anything in the past. I always just sat my products on the car seats of my Honda Civic. I dont leave my product in the car for too long but with as hot as it is, I feel like I still need to cool my candy bars and other stuff sensitive to heat.

I found this on ebay and looks like a great product to use. Their large 9 x 7 inches blue ice packs which you can get 4 for $30 with shipping. I figured I can put them in my storage tote or buy a cooler and place them in there. Maybe buy like 8 or 12 of these even, and surround the whole cooler with them. It might be pricy but maybe worth it in the long run. Heres the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item564b3b3246

Let me know what others are doing to keep their products cool. Especially candy bars.

Also I know your not supposed to keep plastic bottles in hot temperatures for long because they loose gas and loose taste, but how about for can sodas? What temperature do you guys think is the max one can leave can sodas in the heat? I leave them in my garage but it really doesnt get hotter then 85 degrees so I figured this is ok. Also how about chips?

Like dogcow I simply use ice chests with 1 liter bottles filled with water and frozen and switch out every day. Anything with chocolate needs protection from the heat, most of the other items will be OK in the heat for a few days if needed.

I think I will get a medium size cooler witth wheels and a handle like dolly also for easy transporting. Put frozen water bottles at the bottom like you guys said. I think it would be neccessary if not at least helpfull to put ice packs on the very top of the inside of the cooloer without them dropping down on the product.. Frozen bottles on top could crush the product. Essentially this would be like a frozen box haha. It would be perfect for candy bars and perhaps maybe pastrys and my candy route as well. I will check out Wal-mart too for ice packs. Thanks for the help guys.

Archived