LYPC

allstar2200

I ordered 10 triple heads from lypc. They came and te locks are not working with the keys supplied an one got stuck in one of them. Obviously I have to call tomorrow but in the meantime was wondering if anyone has ever had this issue with new machines?

LYPC's locks are generics, and not very reliable. I have 2 Pro-Line heads, and I intend to replace them with something more robust and reliable later this fall. On one of my machines I've found if you rock the keys back and forth in the lock it can make it work a little better. THIS thread may help you some.

Good luck!

I'm pretty fond of Wiczer, their reps have been great to deal with. They came to me highly recommended, but I haven't ordered from them yet. The only other lock company I have dealt with is Chicago Lock, and they were fine, but I don't know if they sell the LYPC locks.

Good luck!

Are they that bad? I ordered their new canister machines. They are like the 1800's.

They are not as good as what you can get else where is the way I would put it and they dont have a proven track record like OAK or NW. I have Oak machines that are 30 years old, give it a new globe every ten years or so and maybe a new coat of paint and it like new.

Do you have any idea how much the NW Triple plays are new?

I think they are about 200-250 never bought a new one. I would look at the OAK pricelist in the download section. If you are doing candy the model 300 is a good choice for most locations at a price point of about $46 per head. The model 450 is good for higher voulume candy and toys at a price of about 55. The Vista cabinet is the all around best machine for both toys or capsules. most Vandal resistant, can fit most heads on racks, easily expandable for high volume sales with cab baks. Price point of 60.

i have 10 lypc triple shops ,and one lypc triple pod . like most things cheap and disposable ,they have their place . in my humble opinion , the lypc ( triple shop ) isnt bad for the price . the 2in stands are junk ( i had to sand ,and jb weld at both ends ,im sure you know what i mean ) , 90% of the screws are loose , and the triple shop is a nightmare to change product , and the coin mechs are clunky ,and noisy ( almost every location manager has complained about the " clunk clunk clunk clunk ".... wait.. i was saying there is something good about these...oh .the price :-) . lypc doesnt get alot of love , but really ,they have been fine for me ( except the previously mentioned issues ) . i have a triple shop that gets 185-200 spins a month ,and has not had one single issue . come to think of it, only one coin mech has failed so far ( these were bought new , and less than a year old ) , but , i cant speak for the long term like alot of guys . the triple pod , i love it ! besides the fact on my last service the entire machine almost fell on my foot ( top of stand wobbles ,dont know why i didnt jb weld it ) , the machine looks great ,nice " medium" capacity , SUPER easy to change the product , the coin box catches EVERY coin , and if a coin mech does fail-jam , you can have it off in a few seconds . oh ,lets not forget ,a triple pod is what ? $115 new ? that being said , ive moved on to machines from AA global http://www.aaglobal.com/bulk-vending/bulk-vending-machine-equipment-parts/bulk-vending-machines/small-vend-machines/pn95-lrg-plastic-globe.htm . not as easy to service ,but they sure are a step up from the lypc-rhino . you can make money with a lypc ,rhino ,vendstar , or beaver . but, in the long run , a cheaper machine may be more hassle than its worth .

LAI is the best company to order locks from. Plus they contribute lots to the vending world. They belong to NBVA and if any of you have been to any of the NBVA shows then you would know how great people they are and the huge vending lock product line they have. There is a link. LAI cannot be beat by anyone as far as product selectiona and quality.

http://www.laigroup.com/lock-america-series-500-tubular-locks.php

BTW- They supply most of the vending machine manufacturers with locks. I will say it again. They have it all.

LAI is the best company to order locks from. Plus they contribute lots to the vending world. They belong to NBVA and if any of you have been to any of the NBVA shows then you would know how great people they are and the huge vending lock product line they have. There is a link. LAI cannot be beat by anyone as far as product selectiona and quality.

http://www.laigroup....bular-locks.php

BTW- They supply most of the vending machine manufacturers with locks. I will say it again. They have it all.

Wiczer is about half the price and better service.

Update: I am calling and telling him that I am returning all the machines. They are GARBAGE! They do not mount to the stand, the flanges are off kilter, the machine wobbles, and the keys do not work. I would not recommend these to anybody!

Update: I am calling and telling him that I am returning all the machines. They are GARBAGE! They do not mount to the stand, the flanges are off kilter, the machine wobbles, and the keys do not work. I would not recommend these to anybody!

That was a close one! Good to hear you can start off right Allstar! Good luck!

Archived