Request for full sized soda & snack machine

JCS Vending

Hi Everyone,

I just started my bulk candy/toy vending company on 7/1/12 so I am still new. It's grown very quickly and I'm really enjoying it. I just received a call today from a local power plant that they would like to meet with me about putting in a full sized soda/juice machine, full sized snack machine and sandwich machine. I asked how they had heard of my company and they said "someone upstairs got your card from someone they knew". I have a meeting with them on Tuesday. They have about 100 employees and also a second location they'll likely need vending in as well.

I'm really excited (but didn't show it on the call). I'm already scoping out Craigslist for a soda/juice and snack machine. I do not want to get involved with sandwiches so I'm going to tell him at our meeting, "lets get the soda/snack machines in first and see how that goes, if all goes well we can talk about sandwiches". I'm told there isn't much profit in sandwiches and even if I did frozen sandwiches if they ever lost power or the machine quit I'd be out all of that inventory. Not to mention with sandwiches I don't want to have to service them every 2-3 days and I just don't want the liability of serving pre-made sandwiches. Maybe I can work out a deal with a local deli or something. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated!

So my questions are this, how much commission do they generally get with something like this? Should I try not bringing it up at all to see if they don't ask for it and I might be able to get the account w/out paying commission?

Full sized canned soda machines - used with dollar bill changer. How much should I pay top dollar for one used from Craigslist? How much should I pay top dollar for a full sized snack machine used?

When these machines break - who do I call to fix them? How much do these places that fix generally charge for a service call?

How do I move a full sized machine? Is there a special dolly for something like this? My husband moves/delivers furniture and boxes for a living but we don't have anything other than a regular sized dolly at home. Is there a special industrial sized one we should buy?

What kind of revenue can I expect for a soda machine and what could I expect for a snack machine for a place with 100 employees?

How often do you think I'll have to go and refill the machines?

What would be your best advise to me being in this situation? I would GREATLY appreciate your responses, I'm worried and excited at the same time.

Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

I just started my bulk candy/toy vending company on 7/1/12 so I am still new. It's grown very quickly and I'm really enjoying it. I just received a call today from a local power plant that they would like to meet with me about putting in a full sized soda/juice machine, full sized snack machine and sandwich machine. I asked how they had heard of my company and they said "someone upstairs got your card from someone they knew". I have a meeting with them on Tuesday. They have about 100 employees and also a second location they'll likely need vending in as well.

I'm really excited (but didn't show it on the call). I'm already scoping out Craigslist for a soda/juice and snack machine. I do not want to get involved with sandwiches so I'm going to tell him at our meeting, "lets get the soda/snack machines in first and see how that goes, if all goes well we can talk about sandwiches". I'm told there isn't much profit in sandwiches and even if I did frozen sandwiches if they ever lost power or the machine quit I'd be out all of that inventory. Not to mention with sandwiches I don't want to have to service them every 2-3 days and I just don't want the liability of serving pre-made sandwiches. Maybe I can work out a deal with a local deli or something. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated!

So my questions are this, how much commission do they generally get with something like this? Should I try not bringing it up at all to see if they don't ask for it and I might be able to get the account w/out paying commission?

Full sized canned soda machines - used with dollar bill changer. How much should I pay top dollar for one used from Craigslist? How much should I pay top dollar for a full sized snack machine used?

When these machines break - who do I call to fix them? How much do these places that fix generally charge for a service call?

How do I move a full sized machine? Is there a special dolly for something like this? My husband moves/delivers furniture and boxes for a living but we don't have anything other than a regular sized dolly at home. Is there a special industrial sized one we should buy?

What kind of revenue can I expect for a soda machine and what could I expect for a snack machine for a place with 100 employees?

How often do you think I'll have to go and refill the machines?

What would be your best advise to me being in this situation? I would GREATLY appreciate your responses, I'm worried and excited at the same time.

Thank you.

Frozen prepackaged is the way to go if you go that route. Wouldn't think a power company would ever lose power, lol. If it did the machine will be good for 10-12 hours, without being opened, before you really have to woory about losing product.

For this being a first full line account with 100 people, let me make this suggestion. If you get the location, get the machines from a well known, established refurb company like Vendors Exchange. You will pay more than stuff you find on CL but it will come with a warranty and you can pretty much count on it not giving you a lot of problems for some time. This will give youy time to learn about operating and troubleshooting without the stress and pressure of possibly losing the account because you can't figure something out.

Dig back into previous threads, there is a lot of info there to answer more of your questions.

Archived