Is $2000 for this machine a good deal?

Am thinking of buying this machine for my first full sized machine customer. They want soda/juice and a snack machine in a lunchroom for approximately 100 employees. The seller says this is brand new in the box and wants $2000 for it. Is that a good price and is this a decent machine?

800/850 Candy / Soda vending machines. Brand new still in shipping box and pallets.

Original cost was $4500.00 per unit. Never been used or open. Machines accept bills, change or credit card. Will vend candy, chips, cans or bottles of soda.

RS-800: (TOP PORTION- Snack and Electronic Control Unit)

Weight: 187 lbs Electronics: 110-120v - 60hz- 1A

Dimensions: 32.2" H x 30.7" W x 29" D

Snack Capacity: Up to 200 items Selections: 20 snack selection rows

Snacks and Candy

Row A01-A05 can hold up to 7 snacks per row (5 rows x 7 snacks= 35 snacks)

Rows A06-A11 can hold up to 8 snacks per row (6 rows x 8 snacks= 48 snacks)

Rows A12-A20 can hold up to 13 snacks per row (9 rows x 13 snacks- 117 snacks)

RS-850: (BOTTOM PORTION- Beverage Dispenser Unit)

Weight: 312 lbs Electronics: 110 - 120v - 60hz - 2.5A

Dimensions: 43.6" H x 30.7"W x 29" D

Drink Capacity: up to 177 cans/bottles Selections: 6 beverage columns Refrigeration: R134A CFC-Free Operation Temperature in degrees: 32F to 90F Bin Capacities: Chips,

Beverages There are 3 bins for 12oz. cans (B01, B02 and B03) 1 bin for 16oz. plastic bottles or 8.3oz energy drink type cans (B04)

2 bins for 16 or 20oz. plastic bottles or 12oz to 16oz cans (B05 and B06)

Locations B01-B03 will hold up to 46 cans (12oz)

Location B04 will hold up to 13 plastic bottles (16-16.9oz) or 15 energy drink cans (8.3-8.5oz)

Location B05 and B06 will each hold 11 plastic bottles (20oz) or 12 (16.9oz) plastic bottles each or 11 (12oz or 16oz) cans eachpost-4635-0-35574200-1344716209_thumb.jpg

Read these forums! Genesis machines ARE JUNK. Combo machines in general are to be avoided. Buy a full size snack machine, and a SEPARATE full size soda machine. The vendors on this forum have been in the business for YEARS. Believe them and take their advice.

Don't buy way to high! I won't touch a combo machine to start with. One of the main problems with a combo is if you get a dollar jammed or coins back up it shuts both your soda and snack operation down. Next you are limited to the number of selections for your drinks, 6 is weak when you have a location with 100 employee's. You would be much better off finding a good multi price 9 or 10 selection soda machine on CL along with a stand alone snack machine. I just bought a great 10 selection multi price soda for $300 on CL. I had to spend $125 for a new bill acceptor so I have $425 in it. I also picked up a full size snack machine for FREE the other day and it worked perfect the wife just wanted it out of the garage, Sure i had to drive 100 miles one way but it was FREE. That is a once in a decade find so don't count on this kind of deal but you can find them for $500-$800 on CL if you keep your eyes open. Bottom line you can possibly get into this for half the cost with two machines and have more room for stock which means you have to service it less as well. I have never personally owned one of these machines but I have a fellow vendor that once foolishly bought 2 of them, they were nothing but a headache, and huge hassle to get rid of when he wanted to sell them because it turns out only suckers and newbies to the vending world tend to buy these seasoned vendors won't touch them. If you don't have time to shop on CL I bet you can find someone in your area that refurbishes machines or is in the business of buying and selling them. Some of them will scam you as well but there are honest ones out there you will generally pay $100-$200 more when buying from them over CL b/c they buy them off of CL and from auctions, and large vendors like Coke and Pepsi then resell them and they have to make a buck as well. But if you need a machine in a hurry so you don't loose the location that is a small price to pay. Good luck which ever route you go.

I have these machines and so far they haven't been bad. However, if you have a 100 person location and they are actually using the machine, it will run dry pretty quick. You'll be refilling it a few times a week. It is my understanding that these machines are manufactured by paramount manufacturing and NOT genesis. Or are they they same thing? The only problems I've had were fixed with the latest firmware update. The one you are looking at may be equipped with remote monitoring so it can tell you when it is running low and provide daily reports of what was purchased, revenue, etc. That feature comes with the credit card reader package. You may be able to find better deals on cl for full size machines. I haven't been able to find much here, but I am not in a large metropolitan area. I don't have a location that would warrant a full sized snack machine though. With 12oz cans they last forever so no worries about spoilage, snacks not so much. If they(100 people) do buy the snacks though, they can empty that machine in a day or two. Also, if he is the original owner make sure he gives you his login to the support center and you have the company coaching and tech support people thinking you are the original owner. Otherwise they will NOT help you. If you have any questions about these I'll be happy to answer them if I can. For a large account though, I would probably go with something with higher capacity. My accounts are not that large so I'm not having that problem yet.

Great information thank you. I have decided not to buy. I spoke with the seller on the phone yesterday who I caught in a lie in the first 5 minutes of the call (said he's sold them like wildfire on Ebay but I found him on Ebay and he listed it 3 times and it ended w/no bidders). That was it for me, I ended the call and moved on.

GREAT Suggestion on getting the original owners log in for support, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Also - the if the bill collector quits then you lose sales on both machines. I hadn't thought of that.

I did search for 800/850 on here but nothing came up. I didn't know the manufacturer name so I couldn't search for previous threads on that.

Thank you for saving me from this sale!

Great information thank you. I have decided not to buy. I spoke with the seller on the phone yesterday who I caught in a lie in the first 5 minutes of the call (said he's sold them like wildfire on Ebay but I found him on Ebay and he listed it 3 times and it ended w/no bidders). That was it for me, I ended the call and moved on.

GREAT Suggestion on getting the original owners log in for support, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Also - the if the bill collector quits then you lose sales on both machines. I hadn't thought of that.

I did search for 800/850 on here but nothing came up. I didn't know the manufacturer name so I couldn't search for previous threads on that.

Thank you for saving me from this sale!

The 800/850 are Saega machines, these are the newer models, they have only been mentioned in other threads a few times. The restriction of support to the original purchaser is a classic biz-op move and should be a very loud warning siren about the equipment.

The only other thing that has not already been mentioned is that with a limited selection you are are great risk of losing the account in the future or being forced to by real snack and soda machines to keep another vendor from taking the account from you.

IMO, there is a place in the world world for every kind of vending machine, even the Saega 800/850 machines. My thoughts are the Saega 800/850 machines are best suited for use at the bottom of a lake as a artificial reef for fish. ;D

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The 800 and 850 are Not Genesis or Seaga - They are manufactured by Paramount manufacturing  and are a great combo for the small to midsize location.

Combo machines can be very beneficial if located at the right location and are quality made. Paramount has been making combo vending machines for many many many years and has been one company that has stuck around and gained market here in the US with these style vending machines. Now every location does not need the same machines so before you place a combo in a location it is a good idea to make sure it is the proper size machine for that location. Yes I will agree that many times a operator may overpay for this style combo but that is where homework comes in. I also know that biz ops or blue sky companies sell these as package deals but you can get them at a great price from a non biz op or blue sky distributor also.

Thanks

Lindel Creed

In Vending Since 1990 - Customer Service Manager for 2 major vending manufactures  - Experience when ya need it

. B)

JCS,

You made a very smart choice! Once your business grows you will see that Knowledge is Power!

But you can make some great fast Nickels with these combo machines in the right locations where space is an issue, Like waiting rooms

But you can make some great fast Nickels with these combo machines in the right locations where space is an issue, Like waiting rooms

I hope you like rice and beans -  because that's what'll be on your menu after you get out of that customer service office and actually go out and attempt to eek out a living with this crap

AZ Vendor I was not dredging up as I was doing some research and came across this information that was incorrect. If someone has a problem with any piece of equipment it is not one that cannot be fixed and with our experience we have not had these kind of issues with the RS800 / 850 combo. We have many operators that operate combo vendors in small to mid-size locations. They work great in small waiting rooms such as oil change and other car service locations. Space can be an issue in some locations and these compact combo vendors are a way to go. Even the Wittern group has seen value in a combo over under and been making one for a few years now to fill the need. As far as imports well that is true they are imports but as with many other products here in the US we buy imports as well as US goods.

Orsd we provide great customer support and have no problems getting parts if and when needed, do you need a part for one?

orsd- I am sure there are a ton of small location operators out there that would tell you different. Fast Nickels better then slow dimes... Every operator sets their business up different and not every business plan works for everyone. It is not the machine that makes it a biz op it’s the biz op company and the way they do business, I am not saying biz op is good as I for one do not agree with the way biz ops work but the machine has its place and need.

Thanks for your thoughts

Lindel

orsd- Sometimes the location can not or does not want large machines as the room is just to small. Waiting areas are a good example. Sometimes the locations that some operators think are to small work out for other operators. We have many operators that work in the small to mid size locations that other operators pass on, and they do well for what they are doing and are happy with the return.

Thanks

Lindel

Archived