How much for these used machines?

jpvending

How much is a reasonable offer for the following types of machines?

1) Single NorthWestern 60's on cast iron stand. (They have 13 of these and want an offer for all. Look well used and dirty.)

2) Sega triple heads (they are asking $75 - says new but missing locks)

3) 12 Vendstars (yeah, I know they aren't the best but might be an inexpensive option since I'm starting up)

4) Ultravend triples (says $35 ea firm...)

5) 3 column sticker machine no key - don't know brand. It's red and the base is kind of trapezoid shaped.

6) 2 column sticker machine w/key - don't know brand. It's black and the base is just a basic stand.

Thanks!

Single NW 60's New about 130 each with stands from sam's club I have found some used ones NIB for 50 with stands. 35-70 would be a fair price if he has locks keys and they are keyed alike.

I would go 50-60 on the seaga's Locks will cost you 15-20 each machine and let him know that. At least you can get the keyed to your own personal key.

vendstars 35-50 if he has keys and they are keyed alike even better if not a guy on ebay sells keys and locks 20 bucks each but you can get them all alike makes life a lot easier when running your route.

Sticker machines I would say 50-100 depending on condition keys etc...

Ultravends 35.00 Is a pretty fair price if they are in ok condition

Vendstars: $15-$30 depending on condition. They're a dime a dozen if you wait for a better deal, and with that many machines I'd wager he knows it.

Stickers (2/3 head): I'd start at $50 each, and see what he does. He'll shoot you a counteroffer, and you can haggle from there to wherever you're comfortable.

Seaga TV3000: The TV3000's are "alright" machines, but nothing spectacular. Better than plastic triples, but their mechanisms are problematic. I'd start around $40 and work my way up from there.

The Northwesterns are hard to say. I can't tell conditionally, but if they aren't rusting out I'd start at $45-$50 and work up from there.

Forget the Ultravends- you can't adjust the portions on them.

NW guy is giving me the run around. Wants $25 for the machine plus $25 for the stand...so $50 for singles or $75 for doubles. First he says they are 6 months old and like new in his ad...then on the phone he says he has no idea how old they are - came from his Dad's storage unit - etc. I'd love to have some singles but I think that's a little too rich for my blood. We countered and offered $40 for doubles or $30 for singles with a bulk purchase of between 5 and 10 machines - they do not come with keys/locks. They said they'll call me back in the morning. They said they had an offer last week for all of them and then the person backed out. I wanted to say 'no sh*t Sherlock'....when you keep telling people different stories and have no idea what you're talking about people get frustrated and walk away.

Going to call on the sticker machines next.

Have a tentative offer of $350 for 5 single and 5 double NW's (will go look at them in person tomorrow but they've said they'll accept that amount).

Also, have an appt to view the two sticker machines and they said they'd take $100 for both - also said they have more machines and equipment so maybe we'll make some other deals as well.

I have a feeling that I'm going to need to trade in my car for a truck if I'm going to stay in this business. I have an old PT Cruiser and a new car...tomorrow the Cruiser gets to take a road trip...hoping it doesn't die on me as it tends to overheat. :( Looked into renting a truck and that was over $100 for the day with the mileage. Argh.

Have a tentative offer of $350 for 5 single and 5 double NW's (will go look at them in person tomorrow but they've said they'll accept that amount).

Also, have an appt to view the two sticker machines and they said they'd take $100 for both - also said they have more machines and equipment so maybe we'll make some other deals as well.

I have a feeling that I'm going to need to trade in my car for a truck if I'm going to stay in this business. I have an old PT Cruiser and a new car...tomorrow the Cruiser gets to take a road trip...hoping it doesn't die on me as it tends to overheat. :( Looked into renting a truck and that was over $100 for the day with the mileage. Argh.

Sounds like a pretty good buy. If your car is just getting hot sometimes make sure the fan is working, if it's electric it should stay on with the AC on. Good luck

Vendstars: $15-$30 depending on condition. They're a dime a dozen if you wait for a better deal, and with that many machines I'd wager he knows it.

Stickers (2/3 head): I'd start at $50 each, and see what he does. He'll shoot you a counteroffer, and you can haggle from there to wherever you're comfortable.

Seaga TV3000: The TV3000's are "alright" machines, but nothing spectacular. Better than plastic triples, but their mechanisms are problematic. I'd start around $40 and work my way up from there.

The Northwesterns are hard to say. I can't tell conditionally, but if they aren't rusting out I'd start at $45-$50 and work up from there.

Forget the Ultravends- you can't adjust the portions on them.

Sorry for the hijack, Performa I can adjust the portions on the 1 I still have out.

Ended up not connecting with the person who had the Northwestern's. Waited around for a while but gave up.

On the plus side ended up getting 2 two column, 2 three column, and a 4 column sticker machines with stands - plus a box of stickers. And a larger Northwestern with a .50 mech - plus an empty rack. All for $260.

Picked up 3 2 head cheapie machines for $55. Will probably just use the stands...figured they were probably worth the $55. The machines are cheap plastic and are missing the tops/locks. Not sure they are worth putting any money into. But the stands are nice wooden stands that I figured I could use. And possibly I can part out the machines and even get my $55 back. Will have to post pics and see if anyone knows what machines they are. I was told they are Vikings but they look too cheesy for Vikings.

Will probably clean up the sticker machines and possibly repaint them before filling them and placing them. What is the best paint to use? Do I need to prep (like sanding) or can I paint over existing paint?

You should have seen the back of my PT Cruiser. I think every inch of the back was covered with some piece of equipment. And, sure enough, my Cruiser started overheating any time the a/c was running in traffic. So we spent most of the day in record heat in AZ driving around with no a/c. But I think I got some great deals so it was worth it. But I'm happy to be home in my air conditioned house!

the machines sound like Vend works or Silent Sales force machines. Best thing is to ebay them. You will probably get your 55 back and then some for some better equipment. The agree the stands were worth the price.

Get a good sandpaper if there paint isn't to bad of shape 220-320 wet or dry the black paper will work the best. Sand the gloss off so the finish is smooth No little bumps Orange peel Little bumps that looks like the skin of an orange. I use just a good rustolum or some kind of similar paint. Enamel works the best. Spray with nice even strokes keeping the edge wet while your painting. They will look great. You should be able to paint the sticker machines with 2 cans or less.

I just redid a NW 60 and it turned out great. Don't go cheep on the paint Rustolum is about 5 bucks a can but it has a higher pigment content so less coats to make things look good. You can Probably paint

On your PT cruiser like what was mentioned earlier your AC fan isn't running. Some cars have one some have 2 one for radiator and a second that works with when the AC is running. Quick check like what was mentioned earlier first thing in the morning start your car and turn on the AC you should hear the fan running as you stand in front of the car. That would be the 1st step in finding out anyway.

Archived