Placing all machines in as few days as possible or spread out?

JLM Vending

My guy has been getting me like 1 to 3 spots a day, but I find that when I plan out a whole day just to fit in a time for 1 or 2 spots, it ends up being a waste in terms of gas and driving time. So would it be ideal if I just tried to cram all the machines in as little time as possible when I have all my spots? Im thinking of waiting a couple of days when I hopefully have all my spots and then just place them then. Im finding that it doesn't make sense to just drive and try to place 1 machine 1 day, 2 machines a day. Then if the manager wasn't there, I just drove out and wasted my day, when I could have done something more important. Or if I plan to wake up early just to go to one spot and he wasn't there, I feel like Im holding myself back.

I remember the very first time I purchased u turns, I had one of my father's employees help me place them and we did all 8 in 2 days. It was boom boom boom. I found that much more time efficient than just trying to do 1 or 2 everyday/ every other day for a couple of weeks. Or would you just try to do

a little bit everyday? Im thinking that Im just wasting my own time if I go out and try to place 1 or 2 for nothing, when I could have been doing something more productive. I would rather place 5 or 6 spots and travel less then just go back everyday to try to place 1 spot. Plus, I do save money on gas. If i just go once or twice for this batch, Im spending far less money on gas and driving time then just driving back and forth everyday to go to my 1 or 2 spots. What do you think? Even though I take this business seriously, I have other things to do and want to do than just reserve my schedule each day and drive around and try to place 1 spot. Would it be smart to just place them when Im going to a bunch of spots?

Unless the location is real close or on my way home from work (in which I bring the machine and a change of clothes with me) I try to do them in bunches 2-3-4 depending on how many my locator has waiting.

Part of running a business is doing it efficiently. Running back and forth isn't being efficient. Good luck how many stops are you up to now.

For larger setups it makes sense, (where space issues could turn people off to them, and turn a yes to a no), but with your gumball singles I'd wait a little bit. If you get turned down, it shouldn't be hard to get new spots. Good luck JLM!

Whatever floats your boat. What happens when you decide to load up the car with say 10 machines and management is not available at 5 or 6 locations? What do you do then? All kinds of outcomes. Myself personally I would place whatever comes my way for that particular day and not worry about gas and time because when all of your machines are placed then you will have plenty of time. Plus I was always told don't put tomorrow what you can do today.

My guy has been getting me like 1 to 3 spots a day, but I find that when I plan out a whole day just to fit in a time for 1 or 2 spots, it ends up being a waste in terms of gas and driving time. So would it be ideal if I just tried to cram all the machines in as little time as possible when I have all my spots? Im thinking of waiting a couple of days when I hopefully have all my spots and then just place them then. Im finding that it doesn't make sense to just drive and try to place 1 machine 1 day, 2 machines a day. Then if the manager wasn't there, I just drove out and wasted my day, when I could have done something more important. Or if I plan to wake up early just to go to one spot and he wasn't there, I feel like Im holding myself back.

I remember the very first time I purchased u turns, I had one of my father's employees help me place them and we did all 8 in 2 days. It was boom boom boom. I found that much more time efficient than just trying to do 1 or 2 everyday/ every other day for a couple of weeks. Or would you just try to do

a little bit everyday? Im thinking that Im just wasting my own time if I go out and try to place 1 or 2 for nothing, when I could have been doing something more productive. I would rather place 5 or 6 spots and travel less then just go back everyday to try to place 1 spot. Plus, I do save money on gas. If i just go once or twice for this batch, Im spending far less money on gas and driving time then just driving back and forth everyday to go to my 1 or 2 spots. What do you think? Even though I take this business seriously, I have other things to do and want to do than just reserve my schedule each day and drive around and try to place 1 spot. Would it be smart to just place them when Im going to a bunch of spots?

Load up your vehicle with as many machines as it will hold. If your locator has worked a deal with the current location owner dont shoot your self in the foot by saying," the manager is'nt here, aw dang I better come back when he is so that we can haggle one last time if he wants."

The location said, "yes" dont give them the easy way out by renegotiating a done deal. Doing that is just as bad as loading your car with a single and then driving an hour to place it. It doesnt make sense.

If the manager isnt there while you place the machine for the first time great. It should be even easier for you to place it becuase if anyone asks say, "what the hell is the problem? Manager so and so told me to bring this machine her this day and this time. If you have a problem with it call him. Dont be slowing me down any I have to much work to do and i cant sit around wasting time arguing you over a business deal that is already settled." ( This works even if a specific date and time was given or not. The employee wont know the difference)

Take the assumptive approach. When locator says, " this address will take a machine". All you have to do is that. Drive over there and take them a machine. Dont drive over there to turn around and come home becuase you cant find the manager to haggle with or whatever you think you need the manager for. That is silly to me.

lets say you have just landed 10 locations. Fill your vehicle up with 10 machines and deliver them all at once even if you have to rent a U-Haul or pull a trailer. Good luck. FWIW.

Good point. Yea when my fathers ex employee loaded u turns for me in his truck very few were turning him down. He was even in dirty pants with paint while I always wear a collar shirt and black pants. So it's ironic how so many people took him seriously. He got his monies worth and was making sure the machines were getting placed without a doubt. Only about 1 out of 15 was rejected due to english difficulties and he was even perplexed at the one rejection and made them feel stupid. Very firm and almost talked down. He would place the machine with me and even swear at people in front of the tire shop if they looked at him funny. Then would honk at everyone in the road till we got to the Next spot. Very asssertive. But it worked! Works better than being nice. He's a blue collar motorcycle kinda guy. Well not down but came across as an official delivery man who was not gonna waste time and get bs'd around. He meant business and said he's with the charity and just asked where do u want it? one guy kept questioning if it would get serviced and he was firm and decisive and said "without a Doubt, the kids rely on us to serv the machine and it will get serviced every 30 days and there is a number to call if u run out of candy. We gotta run. Thank you."

Man. Come to think of it I got to get back to my roots. Hey if they feel funny about it that's their problem they said yes. Better than being a timorous loser who can't place a spot to save his life. If they didn't want it they are gonna have to deal with it. Just business. My mentality should be place it and get out. Not if I'm placing but where. And I will not let them bs me. If they didn't understand what it was they didn't listen and if they don't want it fine but I will let them know that they were not misrepresented and just because they "thought" it was something else doesn't mean they are right. I won't be a jerk. It no more holding their hand and letting them off easy. This worked for my old helper and it worked always. When they seemed indecisive he made up their minds for them and commanded them to comply by their words. It worked. Plus he hit on half the girl managers before he realized they were the managers. Was petting every dog and getting licked in every dam business we entered. Very exhuberant assertive and persuasive. They werent turnjng him down.

Having said that I think I'm only going to try to place all at once for all mu batches. U know my success rate with delivering has been 30 percent lately. The frustrating part was past week I was scheduled to go to 1 or 2 spots each day. Not efficient at all. I had so Many other things I needed and wanted to do but had to hold them back. So next week I'm only making one trip. And then if I need to come back and make another trip it will be the following week and I will do all at once. When I got things to do I can't base my whole schedule on going to a spot and maybe getting it maybe not. That's not for me.

?

jlm signed up before as "bigvendingguy" or something like that and was promptly banned for asking the same

kind of inane questions. i had a feeling it was him all along but he finally proved it by going on about the

guy who located his u-turns in paint stained clothing,which he had brought up numerous times

under his former username.

jlm signed up before as "bigvendingguy" or something like that and was promptly banned for asking the same

kind of inane questions. i had a feeling it was him all along but he finally proved it by going on about the

guy who located his u-turns in paint stained clothing,which he had brought up numerous times

Thank you for clarifying...I do remember that other account as well.. I wish he would be banned on this one as well. His threads are really annoying and I can't believe he still has people replying to him.

Good work takes time.

1,000,000 likes to dogcow!

And so after all the trials and tribulations the Golden Rule of beginning bulk vending is still: Contact Oak and A&A for a quote on 100 gum machines ( Vista 300 or PO89- 300 respectively) and contact Metal Craft Industries for stands, Ford Gum (Carousel) for Gum (or that crummy Sams with the stale gum) and you are off! And if you can't figure out a gum machine that is new out of the box you need to do something else.

PS this plan really will put you on your way.

here is the final straw for "vending big guy" never ever cross mrs c!

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/blog/11/entry-53-me-and-the-vending-big-guy/

here is the final straw for "vending big guy" never ever cross mrs c!

http://vendiscuss.ne...ending-big-guy/

" the truth is...you're a putz"

that about sums it up.

for anyone who replies to this guy in a serious manner,read his threads under his old username (if they are available) he claims he was scammed out of thousands of dollars in fraudulent get-rich-quick schemes including one where , i kid you not you put cash into fedex envelopes and send them to strangers and expect them to send cash back to you

i dont think he is a joke poster but i would say he has a serious screw loose and should probably find a nice

wal mart job

Wow!

Why am I reading this for the first time? Why hasn't someone mentioned this thread to me.

Let me take a look at my records ...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Archived