Best Way to track bulk?

jstolpe

I currently have snack machines and the tracking of products is simple, I write down how many products are left when I get to the machine, and how many I add, each time I go to a location and service a machine. From there I can calculate everything else (prod. sold, prod. cost. etc). If I were to get into bulk vending my question is how do you keep track of the product? do you estimate how much product is left each time you go service a machine so you can then take the (total amount of product in canister at beginning of week) - (estimated product left) to get your product sold for the week? Maybe I am way off or there is a much simpler solution but I have no idea how one would go about tracking bulk so any help would be appreciated as I am looking into buying some bulk machines. Thanks wink.png I hope that wasnt to confusing? Just ask if you need me to clarify!

Well im coming from these snack machines where product is always tracked so thats my mindset. Is that the way most people do bulk tracking? You just count the coins taken out each time? I track the product on my snack machines because I need to in order to calculate the profit. How do you total up the profit for bulk machines? I guess thats really my question is how do you calculate the profit?

Depending on how many pieces of candy you vend on average, multiplied by the number of quarters in that head. So, if you average 9 pieces of candy per 25 cent vend, and there's $2.75 in the tray, 99 pieces of candy. If you buy candy from suppliers, they list about how many pieces are on the box. It's not perfectly precise, but close enough.

Even still on bulk or full line when ever I calculate profit I simply subtract my expenses from my gross sales and have net profit. I think it is a waste of time to figure out every single products profit. I have a general idea and that is good enough for me. Its kind of like figuring out how much gas mileage your car gets, for what so you can be angry and woried every time you drive it. My truck is paid for and it gets the mileage it gets.

thanks for all the input! Acion Vending, when you go service a machine being bulk or full service what do you record then? do you just write down how much money you take out of the machine?

thanks for all the input! Acion Vending, when you go service a machine being bulk or full service what do you record then? do you just write down how much money you take out of the machine?

Yea I right it down as a total so it is not as presise as what you are talking about. Bulk should be easier because there are less products than in full line so if you really want to get it real precise it should be easier.

i use a spreadsheet thats on my laptop in the car

I like to keep track of each candy's performance I know alot of people just pull the total for that location.

I input the number of coin and the spreadsheet does all the math and totals everything.

this way when I pull up to a loc a quick glance tells me what been selling the best and what I might want to change out before I go in.

as for profit once you know your COG for each candy it never changes for example my COG for PMM is higher then for reeces or skittles etc.

When I started bulk vending I was going to figure everything down to the last penny and piece of candy. I actually counted every skittle in a 54 oz. bag !!!!!! Yeah, crazy.

I am with the rest of the guys now. I know my COG and subtract from how much was in the machine and know my profit. Simple enough. I think any more is overkill.

I'm not saying the way I do it is the best way but I try to keep it simple I just subtract what ever expenses I have for that month from the gross and that gives me my profit.Someone please feel free to chime in if I'm doing this wrong.

Bulk is a little different then full line. On a machine you want to know what sells and how much of this or that do I move a week. Gives you an idea on what levels to keep in the machine to help products from going stale. When I ran the Sandwhich route it was the same way Sell 5-6 of this a week keep a stock of 8 to be safe sell two of that keep 4 on hand. You want to keep it a little tighter to keep your shrinkage to Minimum levels.

In bulk you just adjust how full you keep your machines. Candy for the most part doesn't go stale as fast as chips or cookies. In my book If I sell 20.00 bucks a month I want to keep the machine about Half full on a vendstar that is about 20-25 bucks worth of product. If you miss a week or get held up there is enough to carry over a extra week or two and not have the machine empty when you service it. 21.00 = about 6-7 dollars product cost I keep mine at a 1/3 or less for most of my items .08 or less unless it is PMM those are a little higher .11 cents.

Just started have yet to deal with a machine all sold out. I would love to have that problem though. Hopefully one day in the future I will

I currently have snack machines and the tracking of products is simple, I write down how many products are left when I get to the machine, and how many I add, each time I go to a location and service a machine. From there I can calculate everything else (prod. sold, prod. cost. etc). If I were to get into bulk vending my question is how do you keep track of the product? do you estimate how much product is left each time you go service a machine so you can then take the (total amount of product in canister at beginning of week) - (estimated product left) to get your product sold for the week? Maybe I am way off or there is a much simpler solution but I have no idea how one would go about tracking bulk so any help would be appreciated as I am looking into buying some bulk machines. Thanks wink.png I hope that wasnt to confusing? Just ask if you need me to clarify!

Bulk vending is very simple. No need for insane mathmatics to make it work. keeping track of your products that sell is vital. it will pay you dividends. However, when it comes to ordering product which i have several indepth post on my blog about is very simple. I will say it again here.

Bulk vending works when you spend no more than 25% of your gross revenue on product. If your route brings in $100 bucks that means you only need to spend $25 bucks in product to generate that same $100 bucks the following service cycle.

However, keeping track of the products you sell will teach you what is selling in your area and what you need to be spending that 25% percent on. Trust me when you get that process iam telling you about right. You will kill it in the bulk vending.

Good Luck and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Archived