Locating contest

pusherman

i have an idea about locating for some of you/us that may need some extra motivation to get out and do some locating on your own. i dont know if any of you have any machines that are sitting in the garage right now that need to find a new home. but here is my thought.

not this monday, but starting on monday sept 3rd how about we have a friendly little locating competition. see how many machines that you can get placed in say a 2 week time period. BY YOURSELF, not using a locator of any kind, or any friends, relatives, or pets help. just you.

i need to wait until then because i need to get some more charity stickers. this will give everyone a chance to get some machines ready to go. or buy some more or whatever.

this would be relying on the honor system so be big boys and girls about it.

let me know what you think.

quit depending on these locators and get out and get good at locating. i know i will have atleast 30 i will need to get out.

let me know if you are interested or if i am stupid or whatever.

steve get you some machines ready.

maybe we can find a cheesy little trophy for the winner. but most importantly you will get some machines out making money, and better your locating skills.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pusherman,

I guess we will have to change your name to "enabler" :D I think this is a fine idea. It promotes a healthy competition and personal satisfaction for getting out there and doing it yourself. I say lets do it!

Would you like to take the reigns and put together some guidelines and then post them up? If so, I will work on a cheesy "trophy avatar" that the winner can use. You know, something that says "I won the locator comp." Maybe it can expand into a monthly thing and the member who places the most each month gets to wear the avatar for the following month.

Im game!

Steve

No, I'm independently wealthy!

In all seriousness though, I know what you are getting at and I will say that the benefits of handheld, wireless web enabled devices are incredible. I'm waiting for baxson to finish up on his web based route software and I'll be all set!

Steve

Pusherman,

I guess we will have to change your name to "enabler" :D I think this is a fine idea. It promotes a healthy competition and personal satisfaction for getting out there and doing it yourself. I say lets do it!

Would you like to take the reigns and put together some guidelines and then post them up? If so, I will work on a cheesy "trophy avatar" that the winner can use. You know, something that says "I won the locator comp." Maybe it can expand into a monthly thing and the member who places the most each month gets to wear the avatar for the following month.

Im game!

Steve

i need all the motivation i can to get out and locate. maybe this would help me and some others like me. if we did it monthly i would sure get alot more machines out quicker. because i hate losing.

steve how are the singles with only gumballs coming along?

I have been able to break down 2 doubles so far and swapped the original locations out with singles. I have 1 single going out for placement tomorrow and 1 single sitting here not making any money. I'll get it out soon enough.

Don't know how well they will do yet. I'll let you know after the first cycle.

Steve

yes they will count, as long as it is a new location.

dont worry about not having many to put out this month. next month when you buy 20 more machines you might win the next contest.

steve have you got the cheesy champion avatar ready?

is this it? 4 people? some of you people that are reading and not posting need to get some of those machines out of your garage too.

so far we have me, westlake, steve, and frank.

we need some more people, people.

will all of you guys be ready to start on tuesday, the day after labor day?

I would be game but I have to wait for Doctor to clear me to go back to work I am on Disability right now due to two broken bones in my left foot and my employer would fire me if I was out running my buisness while collecting his disability money

I have been out for 5 weeks so I may be able to get in will not know till I go to the Doctors on the 4th of Sept.

Love the Idea

good job steve.

i have had some things come up with my other route. i will be getting a late start on the contest, i wont be starting to locate until friday. good luck to any that are involved. although we need more to participate.

just consider this a 3 day head start!

RULES FOR THE CONTEST

1. you must get the location yourself. no locators of any kind!

2. you may locate in person or telemarket

3. relocated machines do count as long as you got the new location.

4. contest will end at midnite eastern on the 30th of september.

5. be honest, dont cheat yourself or others.

6. any and all bulk machines are ok. (single. double, triple, 4 or 8 head, sticker or capsule).   charity or comission.

7. report your # of locations on this post.

8. the winner will get the fancy "locator of the month" avatar for the following month.

most importantly get out and learn to locate yourself or get better at it, it will only help your business in the long run.

if you do not have any machines that need to be placed then you can join in next month.

good luck and get busy.

Count me in the contest this month.

I placed a machine today in a nearby town restaurant.  This is the first machine that I have located that I did not have a connection with anyone there.  It is also our first charity machine.  The charity aspect made it easier for me to approach the owner.  We chose the National Children's Cancer Society.  This is our 14th location.  We put in a single head gumball machine.  One of the waitresses was buying one as I left.

DutchBoy