Locating contest

pusherman

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner and I took turns at it.  I had a few leads I generated over the past two months come through, and my partner hit the pavement in my van for a few, and we went together on a few and just went into two new areas and canvassed the main drags in each. 

Like I mentioned in my post about having partners, it does truly pay off sometimes.  Since we are equal partners in the company, that means NEPA Vending wins double big!  :)

Most of the locations were doubles or Mini Giants, and 2 of them already requested a 5-way rack.  A lot of restaurants, a couple chinese, a barbershop or two, few hair salons, spanish markets, most have great potential, so we will see.  The big haul of the week was a brand new arcade which will need a 5-way rack.  We got some absolute gold mines!

I am very excited about this and all the upgrading I will be doing over the winter.  It will surely keep me a little warmer!  :)  Now I just need to find some racks and 4-ways...!!!

My partner and I took turns at it.  I had a few leads I generated over the past two months come through, and my partner hit the pavement in my van for a few, and we went together on a few and just went into two new areas and canvassed the main drags in each. 

What was your approach with the walk in's? Did you find any particular approach especially effective? I'm assuming you are doing charity? Did you bring a folder with pix or walk in with a head? Not only did you save a LOT of money (between $1500 and $2200 for locations), but you are also CUSTOM TAILORING your route(s)!!

THIS, imo is a VERY effective way of doing things. I feel the exact same way about locating myself and honestly, in this business, I think it is a necessity. I haven't used a locator and will locate most/all of my machines personally. I have nothing against locator's and might work with one some day.

g

Joe,

With that many placements, you should have only reported what you need to take the cheesy this month then save the rest for next month! You could've been sporting cheese for 2 consecutive months  :shock:

Steve

We just walked in and tried to get the location from the owner/manager.  We had small pictures of each of our machines that we used.  I do have a charity (the Ronald McDonald House) but we only used this for one or two of the locations.

All of the rest of the locations we are giving 0-30% commission depending on the location (we did get a few locations with no commission).  One of the new areas we went into was predominately small charity machine operators (I dont call them vendors since they are so small and probably fell for a Vendstar biz op) so we differentiated ourselves by offering commission to the businesses and an almost new Oak Vista or Eagle double with gum/toys. 

We did NOT try to use sales flyers, bring heads in, or anything of that sort.  That puts the stamp "salesman" on your forehead and usually will get you a NO.  I only used the pictures when asked what they look like and if they didn't speak much (or any in some cases) English.  In one case I had to bring the machine in first and risk dragging it back to the van but it worked out and should be a good spot.

I would only use sales flyers or the like for racks or some other bigger upgrades when bringing a new machine to a location.  I will use a Northwestern or beaver rack photo to show two of my best locations the brand new (or almost brand new) machine I will be putting in just in time for the holidays. :)

With that many placements, you should have only reported what you need to take the cheesy this month then save the rest for next month! You could've been sporting cheese for 2 consecutive months  :shock:

Steve: He's not from Green Bay;)