Customer wants sandwhich machine - ugh...

I have a new customer (100 employees) who wants me to put in a full sized soda, snack and sandwich machine. I don't want to get into sandwiches. I'm told there is not much money to be made on them, if the sandwich machine quits or power goes out we could lose the inventory in it, I would have to service every 3 days or so and the risk of selling sandwiches (if someone gets sick) must be very high and an entirely different thing insurance wise than my regular bulk and toy business insurance. Then my friend said they don't have to be hand-made sandwiches you buy from a deli, they could be frozen burgers, etc. I just don't think I want to get into all of that.

I have the "big meeting" with them tomorrow to decide everything. I was thinking of getting out of the sandwich machine by saying, "lets start with a soda and snack machine first, if everything goes okay we can talk about a sandwich machine.

What do think? Can anyone shed any light on sandwich machines?

thank you,

hmmm i agree with you about sandwiches I would not want to get into that either. I think you plan is a good one I have never had a deli machine but I am just not sure 100 people would be enough to be worth it. I bet many of them bring their own food or go out for lunch. I would try to stall on the deli machine too good luck let me know how it turns out.

I have a new customer (100 employees) who wants me to put in a full sized soda, snack and sandwich machine. I don't want to get into sandwiches. I'm told there is not much money to be made on them, if the sandwich machine quits or power goes out we could lose the inventory in it, I would have to service every 3 days or so and the risk of selling sandwiches (if someone gets sick) must be very high and an entirely different thing insurance wise than my regular bulk and toy business insurance. Then my friend said they don't have to be hand-made sandwiches you buy from a deli, they could be frozen burgers, etc. I just don't think I want to get into all of that.

I have the "big meeting" with them tomorrow to decide everything. I was thinking of getting out of the sandwich machine by saying, "lets start with a soda and snack machine first, if everything goes okay we can talk about a sandwich machine.

What do think? Can anyone shed any light on sandwich machines?

thank you,

I you want the accounts of this size its something you will have to do. I would suggest a frozen food machine instead of refridgerated, you can put ice cream in which is very profitable and you don't have spoilage with frozen items

Archived