Single vs. double vs. triple

DCB

Hi there. New to the business and I have been doing a ton of reading. It seems that people who have been in the business awhile prefer singles versus the rest. I would like to hear your opinions on the reasoning behind why you prefer single, double,or triple. Thank you in advance!

Triples are ok for Break rooms kind of things but even then you usually have one dud out of the three products you offer. If you go the single route you can add or subtract as the needs arises. Have a single spot that sells out move it up to a double. Have a double spot that only dose 10-15 a month move it down to the best selling item as a single. Your sales probably won't suffer much. It give your business model much more flexibility.

I started with 14 vendstars and now moving into singles and doubles after being here and seeing what I can by them for. 25-35 used and 45-60 new. Some triples and 4 ways can't do gumballs. With a wheel change you can out of a single. You can pull several together on a rack for a larger account and vend toys. You can't do that with a vendstar. Some of the 1-800 triples you can though.

Vendstars I have 60-80 in each with a re-key and shipping. I been buying NW 60 doubles for 75 and singles for 50 extra stands he has for 25. Just watch Craigslist Do varied searches Candy machine vending machine gumball machine. They will turn up. I even check some of the towns an hour or two away. A good deal is always worth a drive.

Singles and doubles are the most versatile. You can turn a single into a double, a single into a rack head, etc. You can vend the widest array of products, and parts are readily available for most single head machines. Triples are cheap, and widely available, but they severely limit your expansion capabilities- you're pretty much stuck with candy vending, which won't let you get as big as the toy vendors. It's all your personal preference, but I learned singles and doubles are easier to use and make more money than triples do.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

I agree. Though I like singles, I can't see doubles going wrong in the right spot. Singles and/or doubles is probably the best way to go. I would forego triples. Making a few extra dollars for some is incidental and perhaps takes your eyes off the big picture

1800 and LYPC triples can vend 1" toys. They're not as ideal for toy vending as a rack setup, but if you can get your hands on some of these machines at a good price, they can be a decent stepping stone in your business growth.

I'm working on getting my hands on some 800s in the near future. I have also been wondering about this same question and from what I see here, I think I am going to break down my 3 head setups and make them into doubles. I have two of them sitting at home not making me money. If I convert them to doubles, when I do get them placed I'll have the hardware for an extra location.

Once I get all of my 1800 machines going strong on toys, I'm going to focus on doubles selling 1 head at 1" and 1 head at 2". All toys from here on out, except for the two places I have that candy does very well. I'll keep those as they are.

after reading all of the comments above it is refreshing to see that new vendors are realizing that single/doubles are the way to go, triples are a way to get into the business but for long term vending they will not work out best.

after reading all of the comments above it is refreshing to see that new vendors are realizing that single/doubles are the way to go, triples are a way to get into the business but for long term vending they will not work out best.

Yes. A general rule of thumb that newbies are becoming aware of. I think all the reiteration has made them become aware.

I think triples might do better than singles or doubles in specific individual spots for a short time, but triples only hinder progress in the long run.

I bought triples to start because that is what I seen out and around. I also saw a few of the uturns. I have always thought the 8 selction ones were overkill. I almost had Heart failure when I found out what the price for the uturns were. I also had no idea like most what singles and doubles sold for new or used or even how to get them. I have now found a few sources and have put that in my business model. MOst new business fail of the ones that do make it most have had some kind of mentoring. that is what is nice about this fourm it offers the chance to learn from the others that have done.

1st rule Treat your Customers right.

2nd Rule don't reinvent the Wheel If it works use it.

Singles and doubles have been the backbone of bulk vending for years. No sense bucking tradition.

I

Archived