Has Craigslist worked for anyone?

How2vend com

I see people like this guy know and again on craigslist and i am curious if anyone on here has tried it and has had any success with it?

Here is the link http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/com/3203726997.html

Below is the text fromt he craiglists ad.

Hello I am a poor graduate student looking to supplement some of my college expenses with a small gumball machine business. I am looking for 3 locations to post my machines in. I will take care of EVERYTHING! I have the machines just looking or businesses that produce steady foot traffic, i.e hair saloons, nail shops, barber shops! So if youre a business owner who'd just like to help a student out let me know! ZERO investment on your part. Youd simply be providing a place for my machines to generate profit.

Thank you and God bless

The picture is of the model of the machines I have.

I think I have seen this same ad in my area. I haven't tried using CL to locate. I wouldn't have thought that people would be looking for vending machine service, especially bulk, or that if they were, they'd search craigslist. I might try it now. I lost a location yesterday and pitched a mexican restaurant the same afternoon with no luck so its worth a shot before I call locators R us.

I haven't tried to locate from CL. But hey, why not? I have purchased used equipment on Cl with good luck, but it takes a lot of time as most folks seem to think that their used vending equipment appreciates with time. Oh, how I wish that was the case . . . . . I could retire now.

I have used Craigslist not for locations but got a good deal on equipment. I also picked up a couple small routes I could roll in to mine for a reasonable amount of money. I will probably do that on a semi regular basses to see what I can come up with. The last one was must less then buy the machines and locating and filling them with candy.

I bought my previous route on craigslist, it worked out great and I got a good deal. I picked up a route with 10 triple head machines, 8 in locations, 2 not placed, all filled with candy, not serviced in a few months(cash in them), extra inventory of candy. all for $1000. The route produced around $80 per month, but in the end I learned to check where they are located first. I ended up loosing money running the route when gas prices went up since they were so far apart.

$80 per month per machine or $80 per month for the 8 machines? $80 gross for 8 machines is kinda low. At that rate by the time you will need to use that extra inventory it will have gone bad. I don't think I would have paid $1000 for that maybe $500.

We used it in the beginning got two locations out of it.. One barbershop and a thrift store... But nothing else.. Still have both location..... Never hurt to put the ad out...

Archived