Pitching location to Corporate

decaturjack

Hey, I'm trying to locate at a place that has a store in my area but they say I've got to go through corporate and get their approval. The local store mgr is not against it but says its not up to him.

How does this go? It seems a corporate person might want some sort of written proposal of whats going on. Any advice appreciated.

Ask for the District Managers number, from my experience they all say talk to the DM, he will escalate it if needed I am guessing. Also as long as you're talkign to him you could pitch him for all his stores in his area, make bank.

Hey, I'm trying to locate at a place that has a store in my area but they say I've got to go through corporate and get their approval. The local store mgr is not against it but says its not up to him.

How does this go? It seems a corporate person might want some sort of written proposal of whats going on. Any advice appreciated.

probably a waste of time

Look for the district manager, regional administrator, or someone on that level. Anybody higher will bounce you back down to them. Oftentimes there's some sort of contractual bit to overcome, but if you can get past that, you can lock down lots of stores this way.

One way to get their information is to call and ask for the store manager. State you are a vendor, but don't specify beyond that, and that you want to speak with the DM. That way if the manager didn't want you there, you could go around him and still land the spot. As local merchandise vendors report to the DM to get started anyway, they'd fork over the information readily, whereas they might give you the runaround.

Good luck Jack!

ive found big box places to be hit and miss . its not alway hard to get in , but its hard to STAY in . a regional manager may end up doing a walk through and saying " What the hell is this ? " that being said ,i have a front spot in a big box burger place . its been there less than 3 weeks , i did a drive by to check , the MI are 3/4 of the way gone . Gb over halw way gone . i wish they could all be like that ! personally ,id be timid to try and build a route on a chain store . id be worried one day id wake up and get a phone call , " we need your machines out of every _____ store ." either way ,best of luck keep us posted how it goes !

Archived