Help with Dixie Narco 501

Bobcat2763

I have a used machine that we bought for our employees break room a few months ago, I dont know much about it, so I really appreciate all the info everyone contributes here. First off my machine is set up for cans, and one slot I have set up for the small 12oz. gatorades (1 deep). Every thing is set for 50 cents. About 3 or 4 times a day it all of a sudden gives someone their drink and their money back. The next vend it wont let you get anything and returns your money. when you try it again, everything says "Try another selection" , even though they are full. that is different from the "sold out" that is displayed when a selection is empty. Now, heres what is funny... all you have to do is open the door and close it and it resets itself, until it does it again. If anyone has anything they know of that might be wrong or for me to try I would appreciate it. And if you need more info about certain stuff let me know and I will get it to you.

Thanks In Advance.....

Just a little more information that might help someone find out what my problem is with this machine. What I've noticed is, when the machine gives the drink and the money back, which ever slot was chosen, the motor of that slot did not move to the next hole in the gear. So that is why when you open and close the door, the motor Homes, and the machine is ready to vend until the next time it does it. Whats funny is, It's not one slot that does it, It happens on any of them.

If anyone knows of something for me to try, I would appreciate it,

Thanks

Bobby

Run the motor test, select switch test, and sold out switch test. If they all function as they should, replace the motherboard. Sounds similar to what mine was doing when i had a board that began to fail. Eventually you will get "PB" errors if i remember correctly.

Archived