Recommendations on where to buy machines

I landed a great new account today, 100 blue collar mostly male workers in a plant. I have 14 days to get a soda and snack machine in there.

I've called 3 places and here are my results:

Vendors Exchange:

Snack machine (Automatic Products #113) $1500

Soda machine (Dixie Narco 501E) $1400

Shipping $300

*Cleaned and checked only (not refurb)

30 day warranty

Total $3200

Global Vending:

Snack (AP 7600) machine $1500

Soda machine (can only/model?) $1000

Shipping $600

*Refurbished

4 month warranty

Total $3100

Vendweb.com:

Snack machine 32 selection (model #?) $1400

Soda machine (Dixie Narco 368) $1250

Shipping $300

*Refurbished paint/graphics and compressor pressure checked

1 year parts warranty

$2950

Does anyone have any experience with these companies? I'm not sure which to go with or if there is another someone can recommend. We have to buy and have it delivered as we've discovered we have no way to pick it up of someone from Craigslist ourselves, we need it delivered.

Any advice appreciated!

At this point don’t buy machines that will not take $5 bills.

Find your local distributors and save the shipping and should you have a problem they can take care of it.

You only need 1 candy shelf in your snacks.

You want sodas with credit displays.

Walta

U have no way to move the mahines? Sounds like u put t is a goodhe cart before horse. Find someone who can mainly a machine distributor. Vendors exchange is great but u should develop a relationship w a local dealer

Find your local distributors and save the shipping and should you have a problem they can take care of it.

You only need 1 candy shelf in your snacks.

You want sodas with credit displays

Walta

I just realized a company I had called yesterday for a quote on machines is local (about 1 hour away). They quoted me the highest shipping price of all 3 ($600)

I don't see any shelves in the snack machine picture?

Also, what is a credit display? Is that a screen that says how much money the customer has put in so far for their purchase?

U have no way to move the mahines? Sounds like u put t is a goodhe cart before horse. Find someone who can mainly a machine distributor. Vendors exchange is great but u should develop a relationship w a local dealer

Dogchow thanks for responding. We thought we had a way to move machines up until after we landed the new customer. My husband delivers freight and furniture for a living so we assuemed him and a work buddy could do it using a dolly. However we didn't realize these machines are 700 lbs and all we have is a 4x8 utility trailer. He said he had no idea they were that heavy and said it was possible he physicaly couldn't pull the thing up onto our trailer and it might even crush our ramp. I cannot chance him getting hurt moving these things so we've decided to just pay to have someone deliver them.

So we have no choice but to have one delivered unfortunately :(

You can have them delivered and then rent a truck with a lift gate to move the machines. Just be sure to get a dolly with the 3rd drop down wheel.....Also the might have a dock. You can back the truck right up to the dock and off load them. If you are going to get this type of account, you will need to learn how to do this part of the delivery. Also if the machines are close enough, rent the truck and you go pick them up.

B

Don’t get shipping and delivery confused they are very different services.

Shipping means a truck stops at a place of your choice + or – 48 hours and you have a few minutes to get your machine off the truck and the driver is not obligated to help you.

Delivery means the machine will be brought to the place of your choice, unloaded, brought inside the building set in place, leveling legs adjusted, tested with coins and bills. All with no assistance from you in fact you may not even be on site at the time.

Yes many older sodas do not have credit displays as you describe and cannot be fitted to take 5s or credit cards.

Walta

Dogchow thanks for responding. We thought we had a way to move machines up until after we landed the new customer. My husband delivers freight and furniture for a living so we assuemed him and a work buddy could do it using a dolly. However we didn't realize these machines are 700 lbs and all we have is a 4x8 utility trailer. He said he had no idea they were that heavy and said it was possible he physicaly couldn't pull the thing up onto our trailer and it might even crush our ramp. I cannot chance him getting hurt moving these things so we've decided to just pay to have someone deliver them.

So we have no choice but to have one delivered unfortunately :(

nothing wrong with not moving your own equipment but what i meant (sorry was posting from the phone)

you need to have a relationship with someone local who can move the equipment for you

in a reliable way. i dont move my own drink/snack equipment but i use a local guy who i know i can call

and he will show up and do a very good job, hes also insured. the reason i mention this is about 6 months

ago i get a call from one of my locations, they have a 79" drink machine there, they call me about 11am "we are closing our

business today, come by before 5pm to get your machine". if i didnt have someone to call right then, i probably would

have lost the machine or had a hard time getting it back from the property owner.

if your husband moves furniture for a living, he can probably move a snack machine. they are not so heavy as

drink machines. you can rent a truck w/ lift gate from ryder or budget under ur biz name. also spend $200 and get

a proper vending machine dolly (with kickout back wheels). you dont really need it for snack machines most snack machines

with legs can be moved using a furniture dolly or two, or a piano mover. but you should not attempt to move

a soda machine without a vending dolly.

local delivery around here is $65-75 depending on the company.

try calling some vending repair places most of the move equipment,.

Good suggestion

nothing wrong with not moving your own equipment but what i meant (sorry was posting from the phone)

you need to have a relationship with someone local who can move the equipment for you

in a reliable way. i dont move my own drink/snack equipment but i use a local guy who i know i can call

and he will show up and do a very good job, hes also insured. the reason i mention this is about 6 months

ago i get a call from one of my locations, they have a 79" drink machine there, they call me about 11am "we are closing our

business today, come by before 5pm to get your machine". if i didnt have someone to call right then, i probably would

have lost the machine or had a hard time getting it back from the property owner.

local delivery around here is $65-75 depending on the company.

try calling some vending repair places most of the move equipment,.

Same here. Its good to have the equipment and capability to move stuff on your own but like dogcow I hire out 90% of my moving. Its much easier on the back and knees ;D

My moving guy uses a small pallet jack on just about every move. Just make sure they have insurance. Might also find a traditional moving company that would be willing handle it for you.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately I've learned there are no vending machine sellers or movers in my area. I did find one seller on a google search but their office is only here, their warehouse is seveal states away and so I still have to pay $300 for shipping costs. I will try posting to craigslist to find someone who is insured and can move them. Thank you all for your help!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately I've learned there are no vending machine sellers or movers in my area. I did find one seller on a google search but their office is only here, their warehouse is seveal states away and so I still have to pay $300 for shipping costs. I will try posting to craigslist to find someone who is insured and can move them. Thank you all for your help!

what city/town are u in?

Buy from Vendors Exchange. A machine tested and cleaned from them is better than a refurbished one from either of the other places. If you have problems with either machine, Vendors Exchange has MUCH more knowledgeable people than most companies, they will honor their warranties, and are friendly and always answer the phone! LOL. I get so annoyed when a company not only won't ever answer the phone, but won't return calls/messages either! I won't bad mouth the other companies, I know people with both of them, I know what kind of business they do, and I know their faults. However, we all have faults and so does every company. My advice, from knowing all three companies well, if those are your only options, go with Vendors Exchange.

Nobody in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Jamestown, Erie that moves machines that's kinda hard to believe.

I've google searched and found no one that sells machines. I looked on Craigslist for movers and found nothing. I am going to try calling a few moving companies to see how much they'd charge.

Anyone know what a fair price is to pay someone (who is insured) to move a machine from say a warehouse to the breakroom? How about is there a going rate for pickup to delivery? Not sure what to pay someone if I find them on Craigslist.

• 11 months later...

orsd - I would at least look at what we have to offer and you might be surprised to learn who we are.
Do you have any of the so called crappy biz op combo's and if so what problems have you had with them?
And what makes them biz ops? Do you know what biz op even is?
Thanks

Lindel

Sorry AZ Vendor I just got on here and found the post, maybe late but atleast following up.

ORSD - You are correct on the biz op thing but we are not a biz op. All I ask is if someone thinks something is crappy tell me exactly why and what failed. Who did you speak with and try to fix it? What was the outcome, was the machine not fixable? I have not had one person give me examples of what makes it crappy...

Take a look at who we are, we are not biz op by far, I have worked for two major vending companies that make machines and I have been in the industry for over 20 years now.

If you do not use combo's fine, but I know for a fact there is a place for them in our industry and a need in some locations to use them.

Happy Vending

Lindel

Archived