HOw much is this worth?

I always say a machine is worth what someone is willing to pay for it so that is the real value of anything in life. With that in mind I would say you have around$250-$350 in value in the bill acceptor and coin changer alone even if the rest of the machine was junk. I just bought a similar pepsi machine yesterday (placing it today) 10 selection that does cans and bottles and multi price all working for $350 which I think was a great deal. My guy started at $500 but at the time I had no location for it so I passed and let it sit. He kept posting it on CL and I just stayed in touch with him for about 3 weeks, in the meantime I found a location, and he got tiered of posting it on CL and dealing with all the knot heads and agreed to sell for $350. I don't think $500 is a bad deal or even $750 provided you have the location to justify it. For me it's about ROI (return on investment) I figure I will make about .40 cents per can in profit, a bit more on bottles, and a bit more then that on monster and Gatorade if you vend those. I try to get my money back for the machine and be in the black within 3 months. Other people shoot for 6 months and some even push it out further then that. So for example the machine I bought yesterday and will be placing today I think will earn me around $90-$100 a week in profit so my ROI will be less than a month. Worse case senerio I will make my money back in 2 months. I stay away from machines that will take a year to pay for themselves, something always breaks which pushes my ROI back even further, or inevitably as soon as i buy that high price machine some better deal pops up. I have a friend with a large full line soda business who will sell and deliver a multi price machine like this to me just about anytime for $650 if that helps you with your negotiation. He also provides a 90 day warentee for everything on the machine. Because of that I generally buy from him, unless I find a great deal on CL like the machine I picked up yesterday. So all in all it depends on your area and how bad you need the machine and what you think the ROI will be. If you have a hot location that will bank $2-300 a week buying a machine for $1000 is not a huge deal especially if you think you might loose the account if you don't get a machine placed. Good luck negotiate and get it as cheap as you can so you start making money as fast as you can.

Thank you for your input it's greatly appreciated. The seller wants $400 firm and won't budge to $350. I think I might just buy it as I do have a location for it. It would be placed in a mechanic shop and body shop.

That's a good price. even if you didn't have a location that's worth jumping on. Its nice enough to use at a far better location than a mechanics shop.

Archived