Moving to the next level

allstar2200

Hello, As most know we are just starting out and have been using the NCCS stickers and a locator to get our locations. I have no problem going into a location to do a sales pitch but so many machines are in our area already and usually when I walk in there is already a machine there.....what can I do to find new locations?

i know the feeling . alot of the places i get from locators ,already has 2 , 3 ,or in some cases 4 + machines in there . i always find myself wandering into surrounding businesses and seeing if there is anything in there . if there isnt , and it seems like a decent spot , i will ask if the manager is availabe ,and give it a go myself ;-) .

Locators will go for the easy spots when it suits them. It's a roll of the dice really, but I've only gotten one spot from a locator where I was the only one there. Depending on your product lineup, all you have to do is offer something the others don't and remain competitive. But, at the same time realize that the easy locations might not be the best. Since you have NCCS, I'd take on locating by yourself when you can. If they've supplied you with any information, add that to your locating arsenal, and go talk to people around your existing locations, or anyplace that catches your eye. Short of contracts or corporate blockades, there's not too much that can stop you if you stay at it.

I look at it this way- when you go into a location to pitch it, you really have nothing to lose. Worst case scenario- they say no. You may swim through a sea of "no's" before you get that "yes" but eventually you will get one, and it makes all the time worthwhile. All my best spots I've gotten all by myself without locators, and I firmly believe that anybody can land good accounts with a little work and a good attitude.

Good luck!

Hello, As most know we are just starting out and have been using the NCCS stickers and a locator to get our locations. I have no problem going into a location to do a sales pitch but so many machines are in our area already and usually when I walk in there is already a machine there.....what can I do to find new locations?

One thing you do know is that the locations in your area are frinedly to venidng machines. This means they will likely welcome more if they have room in there store. So that is your first mission. Scopte out the locations that already have machines and that have room for a little more. Sharpen your skills to land those accounts. Serious, successful bulk vending oporators all do there own locating. Along with what Performa is saying, " offer a different product" and if that doesnt work for you the best angle is what I call, "hitting them were they aint". Feel free to drop me a private message if you have any other questions.

What would you recommend to saying to try and secure a rack location (I understand would be paying commission) Should I walk in with the NCCS shirt on or approach as a vendor that is looking to make myself and the business owner additional income?

What would you recommend to saying to try and secure a rack location (I understand would be paying commission) Should I walk in with the NCCS shirt on or approach as a vendor that is looking to make myself and the business owner additional income?

Money talks. It's taken me awhile, but that's what works for me.

Check out the restaurants with the most charity machines and pitch a rack at 25% Some talking points: take the money and fund your own charity, you will have control and actually know what is going on, the charities are all scams that don't pay anything, clean the place up with something that looks sharp, etc etc , when you find a place that has no machines use the charity first to try to get in on the cheap! So, a generic shirt but maybe some different laminated IDs on a landyard would be a nice touch.

Archived