A&A lock help

Nate9303

I went to one of my locations to find an out of order sign on one of my A&A heads. The Mike and Ikes were stuck together (I forgot to put Pam on them). But, I guess an industrious employee popped the top off??? And broke the lock. Not sure how that happened but it had tons of quarters in it so...no one stole anything even though they could have.I need to replace the lock. Can I buy one from a hardware store or do I have to buy one from eBay or A&A. I'd like to get it fixed by tomorrow. Any ideas?

If you have a spare AA or Northwestern machine laying around just grab the lock off it till you get another one. They are pretty cheap, I keep a handful of them as backups just in case.

That's the problem. Even my spare machine is out right now and I have no extra locks. Can I buy one from a hardware store? I might just leave it looking like it's locked until I get a replacement from eBay.

I've had no luck finding them locally. One thing I did in a pinch when I had 2 heads with only one functional lock, was I took the lock and put it on the machine in a rougher spot, ordered a new lock, and put a bolt on the one in a slower spot. It's far from ideal, but no one noticed that that machine was missing a lock for almost 2 weeks when the new lock came in. It was a gamble, but it worked out for me. Whether you take it or not is up to you.

They are $2 from AA, why bother with ebay?

Thanks I'll be placing my A&a order tomorrow

I've had no luck finding them locally. One thing I did in a pinch when I had 2 heads with only one functional lock, was I took the lock and put it on the machine in a rougher spot, ordered a new lock, and put a bolt on the one in a slower spot. It's far from ideal, but no one noticed that that machine was missing a lock for almost 2 weeks when the new lock came in. It was a gamble, but it worked out for me. Whether you take it or not is up to you.

Thanks I'm going w this plan. Its been messed up for a few days and there are quarters in the machine so I'm gonna change the candy, take the quarters, and pretend it's locked until my mail arrives.

They are $2 from AA, why bother with ebay?

aa has a 25.00 minimum order. it's not a bad idea to have several extra locks, I would first check with a local locksmith, ebays prices are to high on locks, they are like 5.95 plus shipping

Thanks for the help. I was able to fix the lock today when I went out to work on it. I collected the coins from my four rack and was pleasantly surprised. 40 bucks in under three weeks...and that was with a broken machine. I love Mexican restaurants.

Archived