Getting soda machines right from Coke

JCS Vending

A vending friend of mine just said that if the account is large enough Coke will provide a free machine as long as you buy their product. Anyone have any experience with this? Do you have to order the soda directly from them? How is cost and is there a minimum order?

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Its a "third party progam". I have participated in a third party program with Coke for almost as long as I have been in business. Have also been in the Pepsi program.

On the plus side it is a low cost way to grow, they will deliver the machine for you as well as repairs if you are willing to wait until they get around to you.

On the negative, contractual requirements to buy 10-20 cases per month per machine as well as being limited to Coke products only. That may or may not matter to your account.

Also need to mention, and I have said here before, that over the years Coke has gotten more and more restrictive with how they manage their third party program. In some areas you won't be able to participate until you can show you have been in business for at least a year. I also don't think its a good idea to become totally reliant on them for your drink machines. If you are totally reliant on them then, IMO, they can control your business and your decisions. I currently only have 12 third party machines, the rest I own.

I heard the coke products are expensive and as stated above would u want someone to controll your business? What about when uvwanna sell out? Ur left w nothing. Yes I wish I wouldbt pay for machines and lift them and place em but its ur business

I have 2 Coke 3rd party machines going out next week. It can be a pain getting setup and the prices are high. It works on a tier pricing plan, the more you buy the cheaper they are. You had better have some of your own machines out just in case the 3rd party machines don't use 10 cases a month. You could start going in the hole real fast.

We've since been told that Coke/Pepsi will only do a 3rd party agreement if I dispense 20 oz bottles. Cost .91/each. I'd have to sell them for $1.50. We just wanted to sell cans for $.75 each so we're now looking to buy a used soda machine.

Does anyone do 3rd party cans?

I actually just got a deal with Pepsi to do a 3rd party agreement and I can mix and match bottles and cans.

I do have to prove myself for 5 months before I get my first machine. It does suck but it's fine for me since I anticipate substantial growth in the next few months.

My contract is on the platinum package. 15 cases a month for sure, rain, sleet or snow.

The machines you get from coke can be set to vend cans or bottles...however, they will want you to purchase bottles from them, not can cases to count towards your quota. If you can get on the third party program from Coke or Pepsi though, it is a great way to get your business started and keep your capital costs low. Yes, $.91 per bottle or whatever they are charging when you have few machines sucks, but you can still make a profit because your other costs should be very low when you start. Also, as your volume rises, your prices per bottle will fall. My mainline coke still costs $.77 a bottle when I order direct from Coke, but as you get larger, you should be able to find alternative venues to buy your products at cheaper prices.

Archived