Cleaning 1800 Canisters

Paraflier

So I have rescued a couple of my low producing machines from a concrete place. Wow. Poor machines. lol.

I broke them down all 100%, put the canisters in a different place, and hit the whole mess w/ Somple Green, scrub sponges (the soft type) and LOTS of water. lol. They look brand new. I was amazed. :)

Now I am looking at the canisters. Whew. Nothing broke, but they look like they have been shot at and missed, and s*** at and hit. lol.

I know I can take them 'down to studs' and do it the old fashioned way, but I was thinking of something more.... quick and easy. Has anyone ever put the canister in the dishwasher? If so, how did it work out? Great? So-so? Or was it a disaster?

Have a good one, all!

I washed 1-800 canisters in the dishwasher just today.No problems at all and I used the dry cycle as well.

Because it is plastic it does not dry all the way, so I recommend doing it during the day and put the canisters in the sun to finish drying.

The only problem I had was there was some 'water spots' on the canisters. A Windex wipe can be very gently ran across the canister to correct it. That said, with candy in the canisters, you wouldn't even notice it and could skip that last step.

I take my canisters apart down to the bare bones with a Bosch screwgun and I put them in the dishwasher 6 at a time on the bottom rack. I place all the 'guts' to the canisters on the top rack. I have been doing it this way for months now without a problem. Make sure and give them a quick wipe down once the cycle is threw to take care of the water spots. Or put them out in the sun as stated above. OR If you have a newer dishwasher you can use the Jet Dry.

Archived