How to Make it more obvious that your charity machine is not a donation box

JLM Vending

Im perplexed. So many managers are mistaking the candy machine for a donation little box. It's constant now. What is the most direct way to inform them that the machine is a candy machine that is a charity candy machine and not a small box or poster? I'm just perplexed at this constant misunderstanding.

As mentioned already -- if you are doing the calling, stress "candy machine" or "gumball machine" more than once in your conversation.

However, I'm sure it's not you doing the calling.

And I'm sure I know who it is doing the calling for you...because I experienced the same thing as one of their customers.

It's a locator that hires a telemarketing firm to do the calling for you.

If a locator hires a telemarketing firm to do their calling for you and they are sending you on false leads/deliveries, don't bother trying to fix the problem.

The caller is not a direct employee of the locator so you'd only be wasting your time.

The owner of the locating company has no recourse to correct the issue since the caller doesn't work directly for them.

There is no accountability with those types of locators/situations.

If you have hired such a locator, get your money back and start locating for yourself AND/OR hire a locator that has only direct employees do the calling (if they're not doing the calling themselves).

To be honest I'm thinking about trying to acquire some commission based spots just for the sake of substance and consistency. This would not be for a pmm machine though as thats too pricey. But I will donate a dollar to charity on my own because I believe in benevolence. I might say I'm splitting this between us and the charity. That way if a commission only guy comes in I'm commission and charity. I realized that some companies just make up their own charity labels and I would never go low like that.

I'd shake down your locator to get the job done right (you're paying them after all), find a different locator, or locate the machines yourself. DogCow's got a point too, adding some collection cans or small honor boxes might be a good expansion to your route. I know you want to stick with the singles configuration, but you may want to consider changing it up to get more spots.

Small honor box won't be necessary performa. I'm not saying it won't sell but I'm saying it won't make most spots change their mind because it also is food. But the can thing the donation box is something in thinking about but am wondering how to do it ethically. The only reason is because that seems to be what a lot of businesses want.

Small tube attached to the side of the machine with a coin slot. The uturns have a slot on top that is to be for Charity donations. Have a screw on lid dump the coins. The ethical thing would be to just take and record the donations in the Box and give that to charity then.

donation box route, you put out the boxes, collect , and pay your expenses, including your salary

out of the box proceeds, and then donate what ever is left to charity. yes the charity only gets a tiny bit

after expenses but this is how it works, dirty little secret. same as "charity" honor boxes or "charity" gumball machines. Paying yourself a salary is not unethical, per se, unless you think your own time is worth nothing. People who raise money for charities dont work for free.

donation box route, you put out the boxes, collect , and pay your expenses, including your salary

out of the box proceeds, and then donate what ever is left to charity. yes the charity only gets a tiny bit

after expenses but this is how it works, dirty little secret. same as "charity" honor boxes or "charity" gumball machines. Paying yourself a salary is not unethical, per se, unless you think your own time is worth nothing. People who raise money for charities dont work for free.

makes sense. It's not much different than a gumball route, except they don't get a gumball. But then again, certain businesses want that, so not my fault.

You ever done it or know anyone who did it? And does the box have to say anything or have an official charity label? I mean is ths through any outreach program or what?

Archived