Need ideas on how to get these bolts off

lurtsman

I have 3 of these machines. One already has a small break on the bottom from pulling the bolt with the nut right out. The nuts are rusted in place. I've tried soaking them with a rust remover. This one apparently didn't have much luck with that. The bolts are unfortunately fairly tall, and the candy chute is poorly designed. All in all, it's a crappy machine. However, I bought them very cheap to flip onto Ebay, so I'm okay with that. The bolt on the bottom is largely obscured by sticking into the ring at the top of the stand. I tried holding it with a socket and a crescent wrench, neither gets a good grip. Giving up on that, I wet the bolts down and painted them with gorilla glue last night. I got my breaker bar inside the machine and turned the nut....and the bolt pushed the gorilla glue aside and turned with the nut :(.

I would be fine with breaking the bolts in half. I have no need for them, I just want the machine off the stand so I can ship them separately. Thank you for any ideas or advice on this. It turned out that even if the machines were free, at this point the return wouldn't be very good because I've put so much time into trying to fix them. HPIM8052

Crazy idea. If I flipped this on it's head so I could get to the bottom of the bolts, do you (anyone on the forum who knows about metal and drilling) think I could drill the head of that rusted bolt to the point where it would just drop through the hole?

Crazy idea. If I flipped this on it's head so I could get to the bottom of the bolts, do you (anyone on the forum who knows about metal and drilling) think I could drill the head of that rusted bolt to the point where it would just drop through the hole?

Not a crazy idea, thats the best way to do it.

Multi tool Dremil with a cut off wheel to cut the bolts. Just a old fashion 4-4 1/2 inch grinder and grind the bolt heads off. Drilling can sometimes suck If you do drill start small with a pilot hole to locate your larger bit then drill it out You will Probably need to go a little larger then the bolt just because it is tuff to hit things perfectly on center.

that "sea foam" spray lube is amazing!! i put that on some old rusty bolts and they came right off..

Id hit it with a grinder myself and grind head off,,dremels take too long...will the threaded pipe not unscrew??? just leave the little pipe base thing on the machine when you ship it.

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

Pipe doesn't unscrew, that was my hope. I'm going to try it again tomorrow with another person to help hold it since I can't put much force on it with only one hand.

No access to a Dremel. I work out of a two bedroom apartment for the time being. The only power tool I have is a drill.

Archived