Candy in Gumball wheel (dumb question maybe?)

pp47021

Can you vend candy in a gumball wheel? I know you can't vend gumballs in a candy wheel but can you do the reverse? The reason I ask is I recently bought a LYPC triple with pods that change out. If I had 3 gumball pods would that not give me the option to vend whatever I wanted (smaller than 1 inch of course) in here? Could I then vend balls small capsules, gumballs, and candy with three gumball wheels? It seems to simple so I doubt it will work just not sure why?

candy wheel has a plate over the top of the exit hole and springs that sweep the top of the "pie wheel" so you get the right portion. The plate completely covers the exit hole.

the gum ball wheel just has a couple springs stretched across the wheel, small candy will fall through those springs and the customers can get free candy if they wiggle the handle back and forth..

so the answer is no unless you want to give away free candy..

ron'

www.blazingquarters.com

How to locate any vending machine,, Locating tips for free!!

I've saw a vendor use a gum ball wheel to vend peanut M&M's but I have not done it myself, so not sure if there were issues.

I would think the peanut M&M's might be too big to go beside the springs (as discussed above) but I may be wrong.

candy wheel has a plate over the top of the exit hole and springs that sweep the top of the "pie wheel" so you get the right portion. The plate completely covers the exit hole.

the gum ball wheel just has a couple springs stretched across the wheel, small candy will fall through those springs and the customers can get free candy if they wiggle the handle back and forth..

so the answer is no unless you want to give away free candy..

ron'

www.blazingquarters.com

How to locate any vending machine,, Locating tips for free!!

Ron is correct. However, I used to tape a carefully cut out index card over the springs to block the free candy flow. It works great.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Unless your LYPC is in a break room or some place that is pretty much completely adult customers, just vend toys with your gumball wheels. Take out the agitator spring, remove the longer of the two springs above the wheel, and open up the wheel holes as wide as they'll go and you can vend 1" acorn capsules out of it. Get yourself some 50 cent coin mechs and you'll have a great toy machine.

Unless your LYPC is in a break room or some place that is pretty much completely adult customers, just vend toys with your gumball wheels. Take out the agitator spring, remove the longer of the two springs above the wheel, and open up the wheel holes as wide as they'll go and you can vend 1" acorn capsules out of it. Get yourself some 50 cent coin mechs and you'll have a great toy machine.

what you just said is what i did and I used to get service calls constantly because of skipped vends like i explained above..machines where always out of order because cap would get lodged sometimes in chute...zoomania caps and 27mm work fine but the 1.1 acorn used to get stuck..

I haven't bought a lypc machine in over 15 years probably so it might have changed since then, I don't know..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

what you just said is what i did and I used to get service calls constantly because of skipped vends like i explained above..machines where always out of order because cap would get lodged sometimes in chute...zoomania caps and 27mm work fine but the 1.1 acorn used to get stuck..

I haven't bought a lypc machine in over 15 years probably so it might have changed since then, I don't know..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

Hmm... All my machines are 1800 machines, and I have no problems. I thought that 1800 and LYPC were basically the same, but maybe there is something different in the chute design that I don't know about. Now you've got me paranoid that I'm going to start having a rash of misvends with my machines. Hopefully it's just an LYPC thing and my machines will continue working fine.

Archived