Honor freezer?

Greetings everyone. I'm in a bit of a dilema. I have a new customer (100 blue collar workers in a plant) we're putting in a full sized soda and snack machine. They REALLY want a sandwhich machine/freezer machine. I cannot find one under about $4500 plus shipping used, and that is just out of our budget.

What I'm actually considering is buying a chest style or glass sliding top freezer and stocking it with frozen food/entrees and bolting a locking cash box to or near it and trying out an "honor freezer" type situation. If theft is too high, we pull it out of there. If it works out, then great.

I'm uneasy about it. Am I crazy?

Any ideas on where to find a locking cash box and how/where to bolt it in appreciated.

Try ebay search for "frozen food vending"

The closest I can see is in Medina Ohio for $2000

About a 4 hour drive each way for you.

<edit>

Sorry thats for a machine not a cash box :)

Greetings everyone. I'm in a bit of a dilema. I have a new customer (100 blue collar workers in a plant) we're putting in a full sized soda and snack machine. They REALLY want a sandwhich machine/freezer machine. I cannot find one under about $4500 plus shipping used, and that is just out of our budget.

What I'm actually considering is buying a chest style or glass sliding top freezer and stocking it with frozen food/entrees and bolting a locking cash box to or near it and trying out an "honor freezer" type situation. If theft is too high, we pull it out of there. If it works out, then great.

I'm uneasy about it. Am I crazy?

Any ideas on where to find a locking cash box and how/where to bolt it in appreciated.

i wouldnt do it that. get a real machine

somehow you got this acct, this is a top tier type of acct. my guess you are new to vending. I do not know how you

got this account. would love to know.

anyway this is the type of acct that has vending co's knocking on their door quite a bit. the first thing they are gonna

ask, are you happy with your existing vendor? someone will say "well we wanted a cold food/frozen food program"

and before you know it, you are out on your a$$.

best thing to do, if you are committed to going forward here. give them what an experienced vendor would propose.

if they want cold food pick up a nice carousel machine because you can use it to hold drinks to fill up al ot of it (cold

food is NOT a profit item). If they want frozen pick up a frozen machine, or a fastcorp machine and also put in an industrial microwave (at laest one, maybe two ) if they do not have them already because that is rather standard and it is what other vendors

will offer. I would hope mission can give some additional suggestions. I expect this account will do very well for you IF you can keep it.

good luck

GPL 427 is the model. We were told that we can keep frozen items in it safely for up to 2 weeks (they'd thaw but would still be fine - just shorter life span). We're getting this machine for $2600.

Archived