These telemarketer locators

ronsidney

Doesn't hold water?? You do understand your customers are the ones inserting the quarters? Not the landlord of your store AKA location owner..

So you have no stickers for your charity on your machines??

Good for you

Ron

I have charity stickers on my machines. But the sticker doesn't say 100% of proceeds are donated to charity either. I'm still donating to the NCCS, I'm not lying - heck, I'm not even stretching the truth.

This is getting way off track I have to agree with rons original point I think some locators are takin u all for a ride.

Yea man, the whole charity debate has been argued many times before!

Hey Ron, another "ride" a tele-locator can take you on is misrepresenting the actual machine. Ever get to a location and the contact is expecting a donation jar or small counter top machine or an honor box? Very annoying! On some occasions, I have had managers tell me strait up that the person on the phone said nothing about a free-standing vending machine on a stand. And if they had know that, they would have never approved it. Anyone else have that happen? (I am sure you have!) Get to a location and they are expecting a donation jar for Jerry's Kids. But a vending machine, how inappropriate!

Maybe some of these locators have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. So if the location does not ask what they are getting, then they (the locator) will not tell them they are to actually get a vending machine on a stand.

This is getting way off track I have to agree with rons original point I think some locators are takin u all for a ride.

And my point is I would think locating was a racket to if I was just walking into a place, setting down a double, shrugging my shoulders and saying Carl told me to put it here and that's what I'm doing and leave. I'd think locators were a waste of time/money too.

Nobody is arguing that purely farming it out to locators is the way to go. But if they can grow your route 10-30% faster than you can do it on your own, cool. Of course I'm not locating 30 doubles a day like Ron either.

Yea man, the whole charity debate has been argued many times before!

Hey Ron, another "ride" a tele-locator can take you on is misrepresenting the actual machine. Ever get to a location and the contact is expecting a donation jar or small counter top machine or an honor box? Very annoying! On some occasions, I have had managers tell me strait up that the person on the phone said nothing about a free-standing vending machine on a stand. And if they had know that, they would have never approved it. Anyone else have that happen? (I am sure you have!) Get to a location and they are expecting a donation jar for Jerry's Kids. But a vending machine, how inappropriate!

Maybe some of these locators have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. So if the location does not ask what they are getting, then they (the locator) will not tell them they are to actually get a vending machine on a stand.

I have run into that with KS. How would they get through a whole conversation without saying that it is a vending machine without calling it anything else such as an honor box?

I have charity stickers on my machines. But the sticker doesn't say 100% of proceeds are donated to charity either. I'm still donating to the NCCS, I'm not lying - heck, I'm not even stretching the truth.

dude..you just keep proving my point..MISREPRESENTING IS A LIE!!! just cause your lips don't say it doesn't mean your not doing it..everybody who puts a quarter in that machine thinking its 100% going to that charity based on that sticker is being lied too.....that was my point..

i don't give a crap what you do ,,i know a lot of people that do charity and the 1.00's ad up and help the charity.... I understand this is the only thing thats really viable to do in some locations as they don't want to be bothered by commission and the locations don't warrant commission type machines, it has its place and will always be here...All of those 5-6 buck a month insurance offices, check cashing places,real estate offices,etc..stops need a charity gum ball machine..just showing examples of how the vending business is full of things that some people might see as unethical...so don't trash talk gorilla locating like its the epitome of all evil in the vending world and still practice deceiving people out of their quarters thinking they are donating..

and like I said,,I don't do either anymore,,used to gorilla locate but only in places like hospitals,city halls,courthouses,big box stores break rooms and food court areas,big car lots, or other public places where there was really no person in charge..If you go back you can see i was saying i think tele-locators are sending guys out as gorilla locators and they don't know it..that was my point!! sorry it got off into some ethics debate.

ron

And my point is I would think locating was a racket to if I was just walking into a place, setting down a double, shrugging my shoulders and saying Carl told me to put it here and that's what I'm doing and leave. I'd think locators were a waste of time/money too.

Nobody is arguing that purely farming it out to locators is the way to go. But if they can grow your route 10-30% faster than you can do it on your own, cool. Of course I'm not locating 30 doubles a day like Ron either.

The most i did in a day was 30,, several times...I had a full size chevy van that i could fit 30 doubles in ..Once bought 300 machines and stands from a guy in missouri and i wanted them out quick and i settled on putting them anywhere and everywhere,,I used commission, charity, gorilla locating etc..to get them out quick..

located all 300 on 2 100 stop routes in less than 2 weeks..but i put them everywhere! I had schools,hospitals,car lots,etc.. normally I always go down a list of A+ to about C and then just go to next town to keep my averages high,,

I was down to F- on my scale of locations in that deal just to get them out quick and fast!

If i stay at A+'s (restaurant,grocery store,FEC like bowling alley,pizza joint with arcade) to C's (video store,c store with food,african american beauty shop) it would make my day a lot longer but i could still get out 8 on most days as i liked my little truck better than the van so i would drive it...

never had a problem with locating,thats always been my favorite thing to do.

ron

dude..you just keep proving my point..MISREPRESENTING IS A LIE!!! just cause your lips don't say it doesn't mean your not doing it..everybody who puts a quarter in that machine thinking its 100% going to that charity based on that sticker is being lied too.....that was my point..

So at this point, we'll agree to disagree.

First, I AM donating to charity. Stop. End post. Period.

Second, I'd bet you the number of people on the face of the planet who decided to buy a handful of Skittles specifically and only because they saw that sticker on my machine (otherwise they would not have bought it) can be counted on one hand. Okay, I'll admit that might be an exaggeration but I'm betting 99.9% of the people dropping a quarter in the machine don't even bother to look at that sticker let alone base their decision to purchase on it.

Let's make no mistake the charity is for the location.

So let's not act like little 8 year old Johnny read the sticker and believed his quarter was going 100% to the NCCS and was duped by me the dastardly charity vendor. Little Johnny wanted candy, period.

One thing is for damn sure, I'm jealous of your locating skills. To put up those numbers in two weeks, you must be one helluva salesman!

So at this point, we'll agree to disagree.

First, I AM donating to charity. Stop. End post. Period.

Second, I'd bet you the number of people on the face of the planet who decided to buy a handful of Skittles specifically and only because they saw that sticker on my machine (otherwise they would not have bought it) can be counted on one hand. Okay, I'll admit that might be an exaggeration but I'm betting 99.9% of the people dropping a quarter in the machine don't even bother to look at that sticker let alone base their decision to purchase on it.

Let's make no mistake the charity is for the location.

So let's not act like little 8 year old Johnny read the sticker and believed his quarter was going 100% to the NCCS and was duped by me the dastardly charity vendor. Little Johnny wanted candy, period.

One thing is for damn sure, I'm jealous of your locating skills. To put up those numbers in two weeks, you must be one helluva salesman!

Ive been told I'm just so full of sheeeet that is flows out of my mouth as poetry for someone wanting a vending machine and they didn't even know it...I was told that over several beers from the poetic markybro from Atlanta at NBVA a couple years ago...I wanted to get me a plaque with that on it!! lol

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what kind of locators you guy's have tried. I'm a One Man Show locator and I have alway's found great location's for my client's with no issues and no lying to get an account. And I have to agree with another post on here saying that hair salon's, used car lot's ect ect are pretty much lame location's. As a general rule of thumb in my book , a location must have at least 15 employees and possible foot traffic, with the exception of apartment complexes. I have only had to replace 2 location's thus far out the 70 that I have found for my client's. I am very good at what I do and have references to back up my claim. I do all the dialing myself so I know what you're getting.

For those of you that would like to do you're own locating then do it... Just start calling local Businesses in you're area where you think you'd like you're Machines at. I will say this, if you do not have an engaging and likeable approach on the phone you will go no where fast LOL. As with any telemarketing job, you have to have a positive and upbeat personality. It's not easy to find someone that is just waiting for a machine. On average it usually takes about 200 - 300 call's to get one good location. Persistence is the key...

I'm not sure what kind of locators you guy's have tried. I'm a One Man Show locator and I have alway's found great location's for my client's with no issues and no lying to get an account. And I have to agree with another post on here saying that hair salon's, used car lot's ect ect are pretty much lame location's. As a general rule of thumb in my book , a location must have at least 15 employees and possible foot traffic, with the exception of apartment complexes. I have only had to replace 2 location's thus far out the 70 that I have found for my client's. I am very good at what I do and have references to back up my claim. I do all the dialing myself so I know what you're getting.

For those of you that would like to do you're own locating then do it... Just start calling local Businesses in you're area where you think you'd like you're Machines at. I will say this, if you do not have an engaging and likeable approach on the phone you will go no where fast LOL. As with any telemarketing job, you have to have a positive and upbeat personality. It's not easy to find someone that is just waiting for a machine. On average it usually takes about 200 - 300 call's to get one good location. Persistence is the key...

How much do you charge?

I charge $400.00 per location. And you do not have to pay me anything upfront. I will find you the location / Location's and you can survey the locale first and have you're agreement signed before you pay me anything. I have references as well that you can contact. I will also replace an account within 45 days after placement of you're machine if it is not producing. It's all in my contract. I do not believe in Bs'ing around. I'm a St8 shooter and I'm very good at what I do.

I only do snack and soda,,,, sorry but I am a one man show and cannot afford to dial the phones for $50 here and $30 there. Im not a Telemarketing CO. In other word's I do not deal with bulk vending,,, Sorry !

Archived