Can mediocre turn into gravy?

English Vending

So as I said before my bar location was sold, it's still a bar but now (on this last pull) it pulled in $40.75 when my past pulls have averaged $12.00 have you ever experienced this? Hopefully these numbers stick around! But I have seen new machines have the biggest pull on the first month, probably just getting used a lot because it's new to them. This is a bit different though since the people are new to the machine.

Also, all of my machines have broken their previous highs this month and the over all record was broken twice this month! Crazy!

Well there could be a couple of reasons. New ownership, which brings in a new customers better service. If the place went out of business there was probably a reason to it.

Glad to hear it is doing better for you now.

Also product selection. New customers might mean new tastes. I have two places that more than trippled revenues after testing different products to find which ones sold best.

For all of the reasons mentioned above and a multitude more...this happens sometimes.

It's happened often enough to have affected my procedure.

I usually make sure I try at least a few different product combos before deciding a location is a no-go.

And (when possible) I also try a couple of different areas of the business before pulling a machine for low production.

Sometimes the same product but in another part of the restaurant/bar/office/etc can make all the difference in the world.

For all of the reasons mentioned above and a multitude more...this happens sometimes.

It's happened often enough to have affected my procedure.

I usually make sure I try at least a few different product combos before deciding a location is a no-go.

And (when possible) I also try a couple of different areas of the business before pulling a machine for low production.

Sometimes the same product but in another part of the restaurant/bar/office/etc can make all the difference in the world.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought such a small detail such as location WITHIN the location would affect anything. I'll have to keep that one in mind! I'm skeptical about next month's pull but even if its $15+ then I'll be satisfied. Thanks for the input!

Wow, I wouldn't have thought such a small detail such as location WITHIN the location would affect anything. I'll have to keep that one in mind! I'm skeptical about next month's pull but even if its $15+ then I'll be satisfied. Thanks for the input!

Location within the location WILL make a difference.

In restaurants and grocery stores, the further you are from the front door the crappier your sales will be...at least that's been my experience.

I have a super 8 motel thats in the breakfast/lobby area. there is another machine there as well. Theirs was next to the desk mine was next to the TV only about 20 feet away.

They moved it next to the desk with the other one because they moved some table around and my sales more than doubled this cycle.

Strange but true

So yes location within a location makes a difference.

also I have saved many a location just by finding the right candy!

I have a super 8 motel thats in the breakfast/lobby area. there is another machine there as well. Theirs was next to the desk mine was next to the TV only about 20 feet away.

They moved it next to the desk with the other one because they moved some table around and my sales more than doubled this cycle.

Strange but true

Nice! I also have a Super 8 which does decent. Mine is in the vending room with the soda and snack machines. I was actually thinking about asking to have it moved to the lobby, we'll see!

I had a small market about the size of an IGA and serviced it for a few years doing 30 or so a month it really sucked. Then the owner replace that with a new large full super market. Now it does 300 to 500 a month full rack, crane.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I had a small market about the size of an IGA and serviced it for a few years doing 30 or so a month it really sucked. Then the owner replace that with a new large full super market. Now it does 300 to 500 a month full rack, crane.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

YAHTZEE!

I have got to try some new products in certain machines. I am very disappointed with my business this year. It's so dead, it's scary. I am getting some good new locations, but $20 per month is big for me. I have to strive hard to get anything that does more than $10 per month. I think I am in a very tough market. I want to get into toys, because candy is becoming quite frustrating.

I have got to try some new products in certain machines. I am very disappointed with my business this year. It's so dead, it's scary. I am getting some good new locations, but $20 per month is big for me. I have to strive hard to get anything that does more than $10 per month. I think I am in a very tough market. I want to get into toys, because candy is becoming quite frustrating.

My market isn't as tuff as yours Dan but I too want to add toys to the mix. I am going to try to pitch a few places tomorrow for the small toy rack I have here at the house. I have two places I would love to place it here in town. If not I know of a couple of spots in Omaha I want to try to pitch it at also.

Strange but true

I had a similar thing happen at a laundromat. My machine was in a back corner and it did about $15/month. I moved it over by the front door and it went up to about $25/month. Sometimes vending is like buying real estate, it's all about location, location, location!

Archived