Some people are crazy

BigRedvender

Posted an add on Craigslist and a guy emailed me with this offer

I have 15 vendstar 3000 bulk machines. Not placed. Let me know if interested.

John Blake #$S-%#@-$$%^

I asked if they were keyed alike got yes and this responce

They are keyed the same and I have 2 or 3 sets. That being said I would rather sell them all together. I’d like $2500 for everything which includes the machines, custom vinyl product labels, and a couple totes full of product – candy and nuts.

I will have purchased New ones off of Ebay for 60 bucks with shipping I will give you 600 for all 15 40 each.

and got this

These are triple head machines. Each machine is three in one.. and I have over $500 retail price of product.. which selling a half oz for .25 is a resale value of $1000-$1500 plus very nice custom decals. I would entertain an offer or maybe trade. However $600 isnt going to do it. these machines are over $400/ each new and not very old, in excellent shape. My avg was $50-90 per month per machine, my locations were not high traffic places. Only getting rid of because I just had another baby and own a large national business and do some farming, just don’t have the time.

Sounds like someone got burned and is looking to burn the next sucker. Oh well Looks Like I will make a deal on some eagle singles instead.

Jeez ---- I don't know if he's "crazy" but he sure seems uninformed.

And if he's not uninformed, he's fishing for a sucker.

That was kind of my feeling

Although I hope to contact a guy that has 7 eagles Gumball machines on stands. Offered 400 for them which is about 60 a piece about half of getting them new direct from eagle.

Looks like he wants to make a deal at least.

Oh Well He didn't like my comments Called me a A#$. Showed some on Ebay and Oh well there in florida and they don't have any candy So that make his worth 110 bucks more each No thanks I guess I am buying some eagles. LOL

Oh well...I don't wish him ill-will, but I hope he gets stuck with those machines long enough to bring down his inflated pricing.

At least that's better than him eventually finding some poor newbie that gets taken for a ride by paying what he's currently asking for.

I'm sorry but I am still baffled how some newbie's, and yes I am still a newbie with less than a year in this ind, fall for this. Even before I started and before i found TVF common sense told me that it should only take 5-15 minutes to do a location, meaning 3-4 locations per hour seems possible. Now from his numbers using the bear minimum of $50 per spot, that's $200 per hour, with around $175 per hour after expenses, who walks away from $175 per hour?!? If it sounds to good to be true it usually is....

I'm sorry but I am still baffled how some newbie's, and yes I am still a newbie with less than a year in this ind, fall for this. Even before I started and before i found TVF common sense told me that it should only take 5-15 minutes to do a location, meaning 3-4 locations per hour seems possible.

That's just it...so many people don't have common sense.

Common sense is becoming more and more uncommon.

I had a guy call me with 30 machines. I drive 25 mi. one way to see them and they are all in pieces. I told him to assemble them and he might sell them. I said, "I don't see 30 machines, I see a bunch of parts." "If you won't put them together, I won't buy them." Walked away and never heard from him again.

Archived