coinco ct-48 problems

total noob

Hi friends, My Ct-48 is acting weird, It used to be that once the change was inserted you heard a buzz and then had time to open which door you wanted, Now, recently you have to pull on the door while putting the last quarter in or else you lose the window of opportunity. It seems that now that switch only engages for the same duration as the buzz. Is this a relay? I am a total noob as you can tell by my name and im just learning. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

The CT-48 is a machine that's been out of production for 20+ years (I think closer to 25 years!).

I've taken this machine out and apart numerous times and am quite familiar with it. When the last coin is inserted, there's an electrical current that flows to the solenoid mounted on the right side of the rack. This causes the switch to pull back, unlocking the doors, until one of the doors are opened. Seems like in your situation, the switch didn't stay in the pulled back position - rather, it's pulling back and jumping back to the original locked position.

The only thing, if I recall correctly, that holds the switch back is a white plastic pin. If that thing is dislodged, damaged, or not oriented correctly, it will not hold the switch back causing your issue. That would be the first thing I would check.

- Jason

Almost all the problem with that machine are caused by spilled soda gumming up the levers

I would start by removing the vend rack keep the electric parts dry and clean it with a hose warm water is best.

Walta

• 8 months later...

Jason kw, I have the exact same problem with total noob, but my machine is brand new sealed box. No gum or soot to worry about! Could it be a ground or voltage problem? It's not plugged into a wall, but a circuit breaker strip that may only have two prong.

the switch didn't stay in the pulled back position - rather, it's pulling back and jumping back to the original locked position.

any help would be great! Henry.lin@aol.com

Jason kw, I have the exact same problem with total noob, but my machine is brand new sealed box. No gum or soot to worry about! Could it be a ground or voltage problem? It's not plugged into a wall, but a circuit breaker strip that may only have two prong.

the switch didn't stay in the pulled back position - rather, it's pulling back and jumping back to the original locked position.

any help would be great! Henry.lin@aol.com

You'd be better off plugging the machine directly in to the wall plug.  It's a bad policy to plug any compressor into a power strip - even a small one like we're talking about here,  If you must use an extension, keep it as short as possible and rated at 20 amps (12/3 cord or bigger)

Most likely is the 20 year old factory applied grease and oil have dried out and turned gummy and sticky.

I think you will need to disassemble it clean and reassemble.

Walta

No gum or sticky soot, seems like the solenoid doesn't pull the lever back far enough to allow the white plastic thing to catch...it worked two times out of 10 tries..that's the average! Voltage? Spring too tight?

Archived