Dixie Narco 501 question

Well, first I would not recommend "filling up the machine" entirely because you do not know what that particular location likes. Just start with a small amount for each selection, one case each. Test what the customers there will like. Check back within a week, then again a week later. I would remove something that is much slower than the other selections. Be creative don't just buy at Sam's or other big wholesale stores, look for deals at gas stations and go to Wal-Mart. I buy many of my sodas at Wal-Mart (if you do cans), I have a tax exempt card there. My Wal-Mart has a big variety of flavors.

I have a location that loves Mountain Dew, it's the best selling selection there, whenever a new MD flavor comes out I put it in as well as the regular MD. You can make your own labels on the computer or cut them off the box. I have a hotel with both temporary residents and visitors, each floor has different preferences. One floor sells more Pepsi, another floor sells more Cherry Coke, another likes Yoohoo. Other locations I have hate Yoohoo. You just don't know until you test it out, and be prepared for patterns to change. So just start out with one case at first. Later once you know what the customers like you can buy multiple cases for each selection and visit less often to save time and energy. ;D

Our first soda machine is being placed on Tuesday, it's a Dixie Narco 501. Can someone tell me how many cases of each flavor I should buy to fill it up?

If memory serves me right , it's 60 cans for a double column and 30 cans for a single column.Did they tell you what drinks they wanted?

John

As a recommendation, download manuals for the machines that you are getting....and read them. Make sure you understand the programming and troubleshooting section for each machine.

As you expand....stay within a family of machines if at all possible. This makes it easier on programming (as similar machines will often have similar programming). Also, parts are sometimes interchangeable between models within the same brand.

When a machine has problems.....try to fix yourself first. You can learn alot about your machines just by fixing simple problems before calling in a repair tech.

Travis

Archived