Runts at SAMS

sherlock

Been going to SAMS for years and never come across Runts.

Came across them today.

They only had about 10 boxes.

At $34.99 they beat Quill even with Quill's promo coupons....no shipping.

Anybody else seeing Runts at SAMS?

It'd be nice if they continued to stock Runts.

But, I almost wondered if someone hadn't ordered 10 boxes ship-to-store and then not purchased after all...since I'd never seen them at my local store.

I've never seen them in my Sam's store, but I think I've seen them on their website as something they can order by request. Maybe they had to order a pallet of them to fill somebody's order, and just put the remaining pallet out on the floor for sale.

Anybody else seeing Runts at SAMS?

It'd be nice if they continued to stock Runts.

But, I almost wondered if someone hadn't ordered 10 boxes ship-to-store and then not purchased after all...since I'd never seen them at my local store.

One store here had them a few years ago. About 12 cases. Most likely a special order that a customer returned. They were in a plain brown cardboard box. Sam requires all standard-stocked products to be in a snazzy colorful packaging in order to be on the shelf (Concord told me that once). It was good while it lasted, but never seen them since in that store or any other store.

I have never seen them at Sam's. I have never had much luck with runts. I used to order them online. It takes a long time to go through 25 lbs of them.

That's my experience, too. Some of my 1800 machines were stocked with them when I bought the route, and they didn't sell very well. I ended up bagging up all the unsold product and gave them to a friend who really likes runts. He'll probably make his dentist rich by the time he eats all those Runts! Tooth decay city!

Hmmm...maybe I'll go snag up all they have at my local store.

The price is great, no shipping, and I have some locations that do very well with them.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sounds good, since they sell well for you. I always prefer buying from a store to buying onilne. You normally have have to buy a huge amount online and pay shipping, which is usually very steep.

I just ordered from quill

best price I could find

30# 47.99 w/free shipping

Yeah, quill is my regular supplier of Runts....but I won't need them for a while if I can get my hands on all the Runts at my local SAM's right now.

I have paid as little as $35-$37 per box before at Quill.

But, that only happens when I buy at least 3 boxes at once AND they're running a $20 discount for orders over $100 AND they are offering free shipping.

So, the planets need to align at Quill just to get Runts down to the price they are currently offering at my Sam's.

I just went to Sams to see about ordering some, had to talk to Grocery manager to order but he had 2 cases sitting in his cage $48 & change tax and all. Springfield Mo. I left 1 case if anyone needs it.

I just went to Sams to see about ordering some, had to talk to Grocery manager to order but he had 2 cases sitting in his cage $48 & change tax and all. Springfield Mo. I left 1 case if anyone needs it.

Should of bought both of them they last forever.

Dang -- that's expensive compared to what I paid locally.

$35 sounds pretty cheap, what's the weight of the box as well as the dimensions?

30lbs box and the box is the same size/look as the ones from Quill.

In fact, I have a box from Quill right on top of the runts from Sam's and there is no difference at all.

Ordering from Quill is the way to go for me. And yes, they do last a while. They either sell like hotcakes at a location or none at all. And they do make the dentists richer. I cracked a crown and ending up getting a root canal to boot. About a $2,000 handful of runts. I really hate them now, and jaw breakers. Old teeth = rich dentist. :

Archived