Rack Height Restrictions

timberframe50

I have secured a new location for a small rack. 1 - 2" on top and 2 - 1" on the bottom. The issue is the location has a height restriction of 48". All of my current racks are 56". Even if I use a 20" 2 inch machine I'm still over the 48". Any suggestions would be helpful.

I supose the only help I might be is this, Either reengineer the rack [cut and join to get your height] don't know if the location is worth altering a rack for.

Or you could build a wood stand and have the three machines on one stand at required height. I guess thats what I would do, hope it helps.

I have secured a new location for a small rack. 1 - 2" on top and 2 - 1" on the bottom. The issue is the location has a height restriction of 48". All of my current racks are 56". Even if I use a 20" 2 inch machine I'm still over the 48". Any suggestions would be helpful.

Just a thought. If you think it will be a real money maker cut the legs down to size

Check and see if you can get a Kreg Joint kit from a rental place. if not you can get the one for around 100 bucks or even just the C clamp vice grip jig for about 30 bucks. It would allow you to build a nice sturdy wood stand for not a lot of money out of Pine. You didn't give any with restrictions so I would do Just a simple top and two legs If you want to add a little stability you could put a 1x4 strap across the back near the floor and use a 1x6 on top then some pilot holes and find screws for the lower strap and some finish nails for the top and it would be nice and sturdy and not cost you an arm and a leg.

I had to lower a 5 way I have. It sits underneath a counter top. I drilled new holes in the sides to lower the shelves.

I would have never thought about this, what a great idea.

Thanks Everyone for your suggestions.

I post a pic when I have it completed, still contemplating my options.

Archived