First machine

bobber71

I work for a small company that cant keep a vending company because of being so small. Thinking about buying a vending machines myself an keeping it full. Do I need a license to do this?

Legally....yep, you would need a business license if you are making profits, selling food etc. The state would want their sales taxes.

Legally....yep, you would need a business license if you are making profits, selling food etc. The state would want their sales taxes.

What he said,

Also might mention that it might work for sodas because they have very long expiration dates. Snacks not so much. The result is that you will buy a snack machine and be out the money because the out of date issues with one machine in a slow account will result in your losing money every month. More than likely the losses will be greater than any profit the soda machine will make.

Still have to agree with other responses. If other vendors could not make a go of it at your office....it would be REALLY hard for a single machine business to do it...and make a go at it. It can be done, but you will probably spend alot of time buying small amount of items to stock your machine while limiting spoilage.

Also....just because the "City" doesn't require a permit....doesn't mean the State won't require a buisness license.

Travis

It would be a rare place in the US where some government entity did not have its hand in your pocket.

You will need to report this income on your 1040 form.

Most state have a sales tax you will have to collect and pay.

Some states require you to buy a license for every machine.

If your state does not have a license system then often your city or county will.

Without knowing your location it is imposable to answer your question.

Walta

Archived