Dixie Narco 501 - have to keep unplugging and re-plugging

JCS Vending

We have a Dixie Narco 501 on location and every time we open it to fill it once we shut it the upper left selection button flashes and it won't vend. We have to unplug it and plug it back in to reset it each time. Your thoughts appreciated on what this could be and how to fix it.

The other day we went to service it and that upper left button was flashing, we thought we were out of that selection but weren't. We don't know how long the machine was not vending for.

Yep, my does the exact same thing. After filling it I have to reset the surge protector for it to accept money.

What I've been doing lately is turn off surge protector before filling and turn it back on after filling, so I know it will accept the money.

i put in a $40 surge protector to keep the board from burning in case of power surges. It might be over kill, rather be safe than have to buy a board.

Can make it happen 3 times in a row?

Are you saying the selection 1 sold out lamp is flashing?

When you open the door with it flashing does the price display show a message?

Walta

The light says correct change only is on, it will take change but the dollar bill acceptor will not take a dollar. On mine if I don't turn off machine and back on with door close after loading machine it will not take a dollar only change. The coin acc. has lots of money in it, it will give you back change also. I thought that was normal for this type of machine.

Mike

Try swapping out the coin mech first. If that doesn't fix it, its the control board. I've had weird problems with 501e machines in the past. Once, the machine would randomly disable the coin mech and validator for no reason. Ended up being the coin mech was bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Electronics are funny....a little bit of oxidation on pin connectors and you can have weird problems!

Travis

Next time you unplug and re-plug.. put a little di-electric grease on the connections.. We've made this a standard every time we replace boards or mechs or N/A's.. seems to help with connection probs..

Archived