Top Skater with 50” LCD monitor.

Walta

This game room still make some money and we needed to do some updating the old rear projector was looking a little sad. So we replaced the monitor with this LCD monitor.

Parts list

Philips LCD TV 600.00

BNC to DB15 cable 15.00

Video converter board 39.00

Extra long DB15 cable 12.00

TV mounting bracket 37.00

Plywood 2x4 and hardware 25.00

Light bulbs 50.00

Labor 20 hours.

All work performed on location.

Walta

post-4302-0-34782300-1348937108_thumb.jpg

Edited by walta

• 2 years later...

Hi Walta,I have the same machine and wanted to ask if you can send me some pics on the board and wiring. i know it has been a while since you have done it but would really be thankful for any help you can provide.

Thank you 
Marc

This is the converter board I use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GBS-8220-RGB-CGA-EGA-YUV-to-VGA-ARCADE-VIDEO-CONVERTER-BOARD-Latest-Software-/120967105011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2a3389f3

Do not buy the cheaper ones that look the same they don’t work the same look for the Gonbes brand.

When shopping for monitors look for one that has a PC input with a DB15 plug. Also test the store’s display unit set it to PD input then unplug the power, wait30 seconds plug it back in do not buy ones that do not power up and stay on the PC input. Less than half will.

I found a DB15 to BNC cable that made for an easy install at my local electronics junk store.

The only other connection is the +5 DC voltage.

Walta

• 5 years later...

Walta,

Bringing back this old thread.  I purchased the items listed above in order to install a lcd tv in my top skate game but I have having trouble using the components.

Do I hook the BNC to DB15 cable from the front of top skater right to the  Video converter board and then out of the board right to the LCD tV or Computer monitor to test this out?  

Thank you 

cks5006